Wide Reciever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, May 2, 2018.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

When Sanchez was a rookie we went out and got him I believe it was Edwards than in year 2 brought in Santonio which was a double edged sword. Any wide outs worth having you see as available via trade or free agent wide outs next year?

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Really wish we would’ve gotten Allen Robinson at the price he signed for. We’ve got a bunch of nice targets, but not that reliable #1 guy you can always look for on 3rd down. And he’s only 24 years old. That was the only bit whiff of the offseason for me.

4. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Sam bears responsibility in building relationships with his WRs, his #1 target went undrafted, Dontay Burnett, even more so than JuJu and a speed outlet like Adoree’ Jackson who rotated into the offense in crucial downs. Darreous Rogers also went undrafted, but clutch when Sam threw him the ball.

Point being those guys worked really hard with Sam to make those key connections on crucial downs. Sam worked long and hard with his WRs, including every additional time they asked him to. Sam has the responsibility to do so, particularly at this level.

#4 TrojanPride, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Golden Tate is perfect for NY. Tough, reliable, durable, and versatile. Macc should go after him next offseason. Shoot if Detroit flops maybe he would be available as a deadline trade this year

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Stefon Diggs maybe

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If only he was a FA a year later, with Darnold in the building we could of had Robinson.

Big Cat likes this.
  8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

More importantly than having one number one guy, we're set to lose our top 4 next year in Quincy, Kearse, Robby and Pryor.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We have a nice group right now. We may not have that one elite guy but we have players who fill their roles nicely. True #1 receivers don't often hit FA with the franchise tag or long term deals getting done. Even the group that was out there this offseason were not true position defining game changers, but just very good talents that got a lot of money for what they bring.

NYJetsO12 and LF911SC like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Things can look a lot of different ways based on how this group plays this year as there's a lot of uncertainty. I can imagine scenarios in which WR is not a big need save for in-house resignings or others in which many players flop/disappoint and they need to make new acquisitions. Let's see what Enunwa can do this year; he has the potential to be a number 1. Let's see if Anderson continues to play at a high level and shows signs of maturity on/off the the field. Who knows what Pryor will bring. Will Hansen or Stewart show anything? Will Kearse have another solid year?

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I like the job the Jets have done putting together a competent receiving corps with a diverse skill set.

Stefon Diggs is the name that jumped out to me, though I doubt he makes it to FA. Reminds me of Santonio Holmes a bit, on the football side at least...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

More importantly than losing those four--we're set to lose Devin Smith!!!!!!!!!! Football won't even be worth playing.

NYJetsO12 and TouchyFeely like this.
  13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I know we all thought last year was a year they would evaluate talent, but I feel that this year is actually going to involve more evaluation. I think Bates will stick as our offensive coordinator and I think we make moves based on who plays well in the system. We should have enough young talent at receiver to look at this year and perhaps Pryor returns to #1 receiver form. If no one impresses then we go out next year and get a #1 for Darnold simple as that.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We're going to have more than enough money to sign whoever we want. I kind of prefer these short term deals.

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We have plenty of space to re up who we want.
    I don’t see the reason for all this angst over the wr Corp. we are pretty good there. Trust in enunwa

TonyFtLaud and LF911SC like this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Why don't we just draft one? Get a young guy in here that can grow along with Sam, like Harrison did with Peyton. Over the long history of the Jets, WR is one area where they've had good success in the draft. even in lower rounds (Coles, Cotchery, Chrebet, e.g.) Conversely, FA WR's haven't done nearly as well. Jets should continue to ride the hot streak.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair his starting WRs were chansi stuckey (7th round rookie) and Jerico cotchery. our 3rd was clowney (UDFA WR IIRC) it was pretty bad. we got like 17 WRs on the roster right now. Anderson, enunwa, and prior all have WR1 potential. anderson was pretty much a legit WR1 last year and is going into year 3 now. Enunwa had WR1 written all over him until missing the 2017 season with a neck injury. Pryor was a legit WR1 in Cleveland. Kearse is also a solid 2 and above average 3 WR. not to mention stewart and hansen we drafted last year. We are looking pretty good at WR IMO. only reason to bring one in would be a dominant top 10 kind of WR

All Gas No Shake and stinkyB like this.
  18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Chrebet was a undrafted FA. Decker was a FA.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

So was Marshall, all pretty good. Even though Chrebet was a FA, I consider him with those the Jets drafted since he came directly from college. But also Holmes, Edwards, Conway, McCareins, FA's the Jets could have done without. I liked Edwards, but he never got close to being the receiver he was projected to be when drafted.

20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Think Marshall was a trade with the Bears?

Holmes was a trade, so were Edwards & McCareins. Edwards could have a monster game and have a bomb bounce off his helmet, lol