wich College team you support

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by RubenDias, Jun 19, 2014.

1. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Kinda like, the N.Y. JETS & GIANTS play in Jersey, right? ;)

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im a much bigger notre dame fan than i am a jets fan. i think there is so much more intensity around the game in college and there is a bigger range of talent as well. it makes for more fun football to watch.

there is also always a good game on saturday afternoon and evenings in the fall. if the jets arent playing sometimes its just a shit show on sundays. there are always rivalry games on, always big games with big players on saturdays. guys who stand out from the crowd.

sundays are better players but also more tightly bunched together players. and many times, like many of our games this year the crowd is horseshit.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

much more pageantry associated with college football, yes.

I also like the massive rosters you are allowed to have at that level. It makes the game more specialized in a way. Example, you can have one kicker for short yardage/accuracy, one for long FGs/distance, one who's only job is to kickoff... You have players who's only job is to come in and rush the passer for one play or an obscure walk-on TE who's only job is to come in and try to block a FG once a game...

the player restrictions in the NFL make cool stuff like that impossible.

But theres a lot of stuff to enjoy about the NFL v. college. The fact that players can stick around longer, the dog eat dog world of playing for money, the increased stakes and pressures.

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The one thing that weirds me out is the multiple players with the same number.

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. alleycat9

that does catch you off guard sometimes. and to think they have trimmed down those rosters from what they used to be.

6. alleycat9

the big time schools used to recruit and sign kids simply to not allow them to go to a school they are rivals with. they werent ever going to actually play there, they were just not quite at that level but they sure as hell werent going to go play at the rival school. so hey youre going to play for alabama, kid signs and never sees the field.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I remember a two years ago (before he got kicked off the team for a year) thinking (i) wow that Evert Golson kid is some athlete playing QB AND defensive back and (ii) why the fuck is Notre Dame playing it's starting QB on defense too (no names on the back)?

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Your name isn't Robert is it?

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Mountaineeeeeeeers! West Virginia!

10. alleycat9

negative.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

At the time they came into being they were the southernmost college in the states system, actually the first independent state university, and yes there are plenty of cattle around the area, especially back in the 50's and 60's.
    You can get excellent grass fed beef from local farms. Providence Cattle Co., HoWa Farms, Lake Oriole Ranch, etc.
    Cattle were actually first introduced to North America through Florida by Ponce DeLeon.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Look at Dr fucking Florida over here..... I've got family in the Tampa area and honestly I think it might be the only place in Florida I could live. Somewhere between Clearwater and Ft Myers

13. dvince89

dvince89 Member

Born and raised and still living in Louisville KY. I love that our Jets have 3 current Cards on the roster with Bilal, Calvin, and Breno. I was hoping for Teddy last year and praying for Parker this year. Go Cards and go Jets!

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think I might have to change my handle here, Dr fucking Florida, has a nice ring to it.

Yes, I traveled all up and down from Miami up to north of Orlando and then worked my way over to the west coast, started just south of Clearwater and worked my way up about an hour north of there but as soon as I do a little more work on the house I will be selling and heading back around Clearwater. Probably down around South Pasadena right near St.Pete Beach is looking like my final destination, especially since my daughter is getting ready to transfer to USF St.Pete campus. Clearwater and a bit south has always been my favorite area.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  15. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

anybody BUT Duke

JetsHuskers fan likes this.
  16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Clemson and South Carolina (just because of a friend that got me into the College game that is from the area)

17. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

UConn women's hoops. That first Championship team sucked me in. That and a friend of mine was a big Tennessee fan which made it more fun.

Of course, UConn has since surpassed UT, and my friend is doing 28 years in a federal penetiary.....