Why? Who? How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Jan 29, 2018.

1. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

This draft and FA period show decide his fate...get it right Macc!!!

2-3 rd draft Penny SDSU......Mayfield sux so we will probably be enamored with him!!

2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed every time I see Keenen Allen as I was screaming for them to take him in the 3rd a few years ago..they took Winters instead..not sure many people were high on Hunt tho.

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

A lot of times a player that gets skipped (like when the JETS draft) gets picked by a team that has a scheme in place and the player prospers because of the scheme and the players that are already in place.
    Kamara being drafted by the Saints, should teach our staff something.....
    As long as we keep shuffling offensive coaches it really doesn't matter who we draft on the offensive side of the ball. We will continue to suck on offense until we have a plan in place and then to even attempt to get players who will prosper.
    Maybe Bates has this big plan in place, and we will get draft picks who fit and then Mac will look like a genius. I highly doubt it.
    Maybe our offense was hampered by last season's coordinator and Bates will use McCown, our shitty O-line, and average skill players, to shell out 30 points a game. Lol
    Truthfully, we have no direction it seems. Why all the coaching changes after a year when the offense played better than our defense in most games? Why not shit can Rodgers? He has proven he can't coach a defense no matter what we have had talent wise.
    He can't scheme, adjust, or even make the correct call in game situations, and I'm sure Bowles is involved in a major way on defense during games.
    Our offense is going to be led by McCown next year, and if they don't get him some help on that side of the ball, we will have a top 3pick in the 2019 draft.
    Forget drafting a FQB this draft. We need a Franchise coach and staff in place for a few years before adding that piece. Get McCown Barkley, Ridley, or a franchise lineman. Maybe he can play with one of them long enough to make them not look like a bust. Drafting one of this years QB's will be a complete bust until we have a team built from from the top down, starting with the coaching staff.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Most normally taking the BPA is a pretty good approach. I agree with that strategy. Unfortunately, the best players available in recent drafts haven't been those kind of guys that make highlight reel plays. Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are solid players, but not spectacular players.

On top of that, we have a HC that has no idea how to correctly utilize even defensive players? Darron Lee is not a player suited to be playing in a 3-4. However, Blowes wanted the little twerp and keeps carting him out there every game. As a result of this square peg in round hole way of doing things, Lee has become a liability in this defense. That's just one example among many others that could be pointed out.

The fact is, we have a HC that does not know how to bring out the best in athletes. It's the combination of Mac not being a very good GM and Blowes being a horrid HC that has plagued this team and will continue to do so.

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Well played Sir!!!