Why the praise for Culpepper?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by discostu570, Apr 5, 2006.

1. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I wouldnt say that Im calling him crap necessarily. Im saying that for years he had the benefit of playing with the single biggest impact performer in the league making things easy for him, and in what time weve seen him without said player, hes done nothing to prove that hes more than the guy with the big arm who threw the balls Randy Moss was catching. Maybe hes more than that, maybe hes not, my point is that nobody is acknowledging that theres even a question here, the national press is pitching this as the move that puts Saban's team into the NFL's elite. Nevermind that he looked awful last season and is coming off a devastating knee injury, this is the Dolphins big day, theyve got their savior.

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Why do people ignore the 2004 season when talking about this guy? If it wasn't for Payton Manning he probably would of been in the running for MVP *AND* Moss was hurt most of the year.

in 2004 Moss only had 50 catches for 700 yards, meanwhile Culpepper had his best year *EVER* throwing for 4700 yards. He had his higest QB rating ever of 110 for the season, and had more completions over 20 yards and over 40 yards then he ever had in one season. ALL WITHOUT RANDY MOSS.

That's right, he threw for 4000 yards to guys not named Moss. Everybody talking jive about "Daunte is no good without Moss" has no idea what they're talking about.

I'd take Culpepper him on my team in a heart beat.

#62 davecrazy, Apr 8, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006