Why the Jets should take a chance on Marcus Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETliner, Feb 28, 2006.

1. JETliner

JETliner New Member

Look, if the Jets can take a stab at a slow kid with questionable talent from West Virginia, who at best has had one effective season in the pros, then why can't the Jet's make a reach at Vick in round 3 or 4?

We've got other needs, specifically the OLine and at RB. Let's address those needs first, and then secure our QB of the future in Rnds 3 or 4. Vick is accurate, has good speed, and if given the chance, could be a difference maker in the NFL. Worst case scenario is if he doesn't work out at QB, he's a fit a WR (a Ward/Randle-El hybrid).

I realize there's risk - and I'm speaking character. But look, this is an organization that took a potential team cancer - Keyshawn Johnson - and made him work out. I'm confident that this same organization could take a rookie and mold him into a solid NFL contributor.

I'm going to regret seeing another team pick up Vick and reap the rewards down the road when the J-E-T-S could fire the first shot and acquire him.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Now you are just talking crazy. 3rd or 4th round with all of our holes?

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You started a thread with almost the exact name yesterday. Why would you make a new thread on the same subject. Is he family or something?

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

This team is trying to aquire good character players, so I don't see us taking Vick at all. I see him going to somewhere like the Raiders or maybe the Falcons if they trade Shaub or even not, he might behave if his brother was there. I certainetly wouldn't waste a 3rd or 4th pick on him, but if he's there in the 6th or 7th, and we haven't drafted a QB yet, why not. He does have potential, but I see him just like Clarett. I don't think he's a good enough passer in the NFL.

5. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

We dont need that scum bag here. Thats all we need is to wonder week to week if this kid is gonna get arrested for something. Maybe hes talented, but hes an uneducated, arrogant dirtbag who doesnt deserve the university degree he will have.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You do realize he is a thug...right?

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Oh, I get it now.

Okay Marcus, we will consider drafting you.

On day 2 though. :wink:

8. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

because everyone in the Jets management becomes retarded in the next month??? thats the only way that could actually happen.

9. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

with vicks attitude he will never make it in the nfl....

10. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Ok first of all I do not think Vick fits the whole Mangini type breed of player. Hard working, good ethics, good backgrounds. In my opinion "he is a thug and he sucks"..

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

exatcly hes gonna be nothing but trouble. another T.O. type guy

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

no, T.O. doesn't get in trouble by the law, pulls a gun on a person at McDonalds, I may think about it with a 7th, but even that may not be worth it, he reminds me of Clarett in every way, if he failed in a place that had a wing named after his brother, and numerous chances, there is no chance he succeeds in the NFL

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Adding to all that, he flipped off his own fans. A guy like that in NY wouldn't survive our spotlight too long.

14. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

wow... um... no... and please stop posting these pro Vick posts. You did it yesterday, and now you're borderline trolling.

15. GreenMachine

Yea the Jets see if they could get Rae Carruth, OJ and Romanowski...

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know OJ was a damn good RB, swap him with Clarett, and it is perfect

17. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

anyone else smell troll here?

18. Pride

Pride New Member

Listen i wanted the kid 2 but i realized that with our new regime we need 2 rebuild with guys that have character and you know are going to go 2 work everyday 2 work hard and bring us a super bowl. Marcus is a phenomenal talent but the NFL isnt all about talent

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

there are far more QB's worth taking a chance on in the 3rd or 4th round with more upside than Vick.

20. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

History speaks for its self when it comes to QB's.... Pocket QB's win the superbowl, running QB's dont.

Why would we waste a draft pick for a backup?

I mean he can start for a team if he shows he can be a player in the NFL. But if we want to win a SB its not going to be with marcus vick.

Look at donovan mcnabb great QB. He has a strong arm very accurate and can run, great QB had 4 chances to win but didnt.
    In a inferior NFC at that. Who has won, the years he hasnt? Pocket QB's.