why not?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrebet86, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

why are we doomed this season? i understand its easier to break things than to fix them, but we went from 2004 jets to the 2005 jets with no explanation, no real reason, just bad luck. shit happened, and it happend quick as hell. theres no explanation for how the jets work, like the weather in new jerey, its and warm spring day then all the udden its a blizzard a few hours later. i think the jets are so messed up that we will unexplicably go back to the way we were and the way were supposed to be.

why not? its less far fetched than saying well lose our first and second string qbs with a few plays of each other...hehe.

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We aren't doomed in 06 and don't get how people think we are. All we have to do is clear up some patches in the draft and FA and stay healthy in 06. If we do that, I think the odds of us making a run at SBXLI are VERY high. We have too much talent to not be contenders next season. We just have to stay healthy, we sucked this season because we were hurt.

3. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

I had to have my sun glasses on while I was reading this thread....

Are you guys serious? This team has NO O-line, no solid RB "Curtis is on the wrong side of thirty." No starting QB, Chad is still NOT healthy, and the arm CANT get or be any stronger then it originally was. We will lose Law, and have little help in the back field. We will more then likely lose our best play maker in Abe, for an unproven Rivers. And we have a very young rookie coaching staff that is going to go into a rough season with minimal help as far as our roster goes.

In-case you didn't notice, all these players were our STAR core players. This team is in trouble, and I don't see but tops 6 wins next year, and thats being over realistic for me at this point. Rah Rah Rah all you want, there is nothing wrong with hope. But some don't see it the way you guys do, and we have our reasons. Its called reality. You just have to face it.

Did I mention we are over the cap? And after cuts, we will have very thin depth all around!

Just my 2 cents....:cool:

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Again, where is all this talent? We have no QB, we have no OL, and although Blaylock, Houston, and Martin isn't TERRIBLE, it is behind a terrible OL.

The two most important positions in the NFL are QB and OL. We have huge problems in both areas. We have Coles, and Vilma as the only exceptional talent on this team (Abraham won't be back), and Ellis will be back to his level once Mangini makes sure he gets his ass in gear with his weight, something Herm didn't do. But we'll have a pretty strong defense, even without Abraham and Law. Our offense is awful. Not even to the extent where the defense can carry us. The offense is beyond awful. We will draft an OL, and it will go through growing pains this year.

You can't say "there is too much talent on this team to not be contenders", because there isn't that much talent on this team. You're overrating what we have.

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

That roster was good enough to get us to the playoffs in 04 when healthy. And plus like I said, make the right moves in the draft and FA and we will be fine.

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

This is a different roster. Pennington had a completely healthy shoulder for the first half of 2004 (we were 6-1, about to fall to 6-2 when he tore his shoulder.) Martin had two good knees, and had yet to slow down. Mawae was still good, Kendall was great, Moore was very good, and we still had McKenzie. Now, Pennington has a shoulder that has been completely torn apart twice (once since the playoffs), Martin has slowed down a bit and now is coming off a major knee injury, Mawae has slowed down a little bit, Kendall has come back down to earth, and we have a huge gap at RT from losing McKenzie.