Why is Pociask still on the TGG.com homepage?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by MyFavoriteMartian28, May 27, 2006.

1. MyFavoriteMartian28

Seriously, is someone asleep at the wheel? Isn't there a better feature article that could be posted on the home page other than the 5th round pick? Geez.

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

It's not like there's been any news.

Christ, give him a break.

He's probably getting ready to release the new layout soon.

Why don't you go fucking see how hard it is to maintain a website.

3. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Amen brother!

4. jetfaninwisconsin

i think it looks really sharp :up:

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

wow. relax.

6. MillerTime#22

MillerTime#22 Active Member

having a bad day??

7. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

why couldnt you P.M petrozza? Had to call him out on his website that he is kind enough to let you post on. I agree it should probally be updated,but im sure there is a better way to make a suggestion.

8. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Thinking the same thing actually, but again as a webmaster, I know how hard it is to keep things running smoothly.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i concur with this. martian you had completely the wrong attitude in your post. had you been semi respectful you may not have gotten flamed.

10. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

No, I have tried to maintain a fansite before and failed because of lack of time to put forth.

...so people with no experience doing it, shouldn't be saying shit...

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

What he originally said wasn't THAT bad, but either way it was stupid because there is NO news going on right now...

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

stole my words

13. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

jeez, leave the guy be. It wasnt that bad of a question. And for the record, I do semi-agree with him.

14. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

this is a website?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The last time I checked the main page for news was in 2002. The board gets it the moment it happens.

16. MyFavoriteMartian28

Okay... I am not an "addict" here so I didn't know you could PM someone named Petrozza about stuff like this... regardless, my comments where not as bad as some of you drama queens are making it out to be.

As far as maintaining websites goes... its my job, I work on a bunch of active sites on an ongoing basis and I don't need to be told its hard to do... I do it all week long.

As far as there being "NO news," thats bull... the homepage has looked the same since round five of day two of the draft... since then we have signed a bunch of undrafted free agents (which may not be big news, but its at least on par with the 5th round pick), we have had a training camp, we have had a few showings by the FO in the media... and I think there was a little something about the Jets leaving Weeb Ewbank Hall in the future. If nothing else, do a complete draft round-up... right now it looks as though they just stopped working on it in the middle of day two.

Finally, I didn't mean to insight any animosity... I was just passing along a constructive criticism of the site... something I have every right to do. I like the site and would like to see it continue to prosper, so a comment like the one I made is only in the site's best interests.

I think I have addressed everything that was thrown at me, and the defenses that some of you made (thanks) of my comments, with this response... everybody can wipe the tears out of their eyes now and move on.

#16 MyFavoriteMartian28, May 28, 2006
    Last edited: May 28, 2006
  17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Honestly, I don't even look at the home page. The forums are what make this site great. I could care less if he ever updated the front page. It wouldn't make me like this site any less.

18. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

There's no news worth putting up there, IMO. And the site looks pretty much dead anyway these days. I hardly ever see 100 people here at the same time (we always had 200+ before the draft).
    I'll update the home page when there's actually some breaking news on the team and not some blah blah story on the Jets FO.
    Meanwhile, I am working on the 2006 version of this website (I know I promised to deliver it in April, but.... better late than never), have a full-time job, freelance projects and about to get married.....
    Some of you tend to think that this site is the only activity I have in my life..... well, it's not.

19. MyFavoriteMartian28

Yeah, I never meant for it to become such a big freaking deal... I just thought it would have made more sense to have a picture of one of our important draft picks on the home page. Basically, I started the thread out of the frustration of there being NO NEWS! Seeing Pociask's goofy picture just triggered the criticism. Never meant for it to be a big deal.

20. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

About to get married? Congrats Petro.