Why did they release Ross Martin?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dman928, Sep 1, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They we
    They actually were very close in practice , both had good and bad days. Connor was all over Martin's good days. Wrote a full page on the one day he went 6-6 didn't mention he went 2-5 the next day.
    I only mentioned the money due to the OPs false claims that Martin was cheaper.
    Don't becoming one of those posters who hope a jet player fails so you can say " See I was right".
    I'd be disappointed. While we may disagree on some things, you were usually very positive and put alot of thought into your postings. Your getting emotional and it's too early in what will be a long and trying season.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm off the ledge regarding Martin. Your posts helped, thanks.

Don't worry, I won't become one of those posters. I was just blowing off steam. I don't think Catanzaro was a good choice unless they are trying to tank. He has missed too many extra points and FGs the last two seasons, and I don't see him turning it around this season. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong. I will root for him to be successful unless we're about to win too many games this season such that it will cost us one of the top 2 draft picks. In that situation, I'll root for him to miss every kick! ;) LOL

Thanks for your kind words. I am getting increasingly emotional. It's a combination of unhappiness with the Jets and some of the stuff I've seen on the forum in the last week. I'm thinking about taking some time off from the forum for my own sanity. I'm caring too much again about the Jets, and as you said, this is going to be a looooooooooooong seasons and isn't the season to get too emotionally invested.

#42 NCJetsfan, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I've cut back. You know what this season is all about , don't loose focus. Let's see if some of the young kids can develop and hope they show up and compete regardless of the W-L record.
    The moves at this point are trivial.
    There have been more player for player trades then ever due to the change in cut downs. Posters reading too much into them. Swapping bubble players amount to nothing.
    Nonsense posts from posters coming out of the woodwork. Don't let it get to you.
    The ignore button is your friend lol!!!

NCJetsfan likes this.