Why can't Darron Lee cover anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well....at least the board isn't starting daily threads anymore demanding our GM draft speed for the D

blackssmagic and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

says here that mac offered the 2nd pick to move up, earlier you insisted mac did not want to give up the 2nd because he had to have hack.
    hmmmm.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Carter maybe cut but he's the best ILB on the Jets. Uh no.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

This is just one article among many. Other articles I remember reading at that Particular time had Mac wanting to give up a 1st, 3rd, and 4th. If you want to question what I claim, go right ahead and FY while you are at it.

Regardless, the point is NC called me out to provide a supporting article? Well, here it is and like I said it's one among many. Mac could have consummated a trade that would have made the Jets a better team today and far less vulnerable. The Jets OL is worse than pathetic and Tunsil would have been a huge step in the right direction. The net sum of Lee, Hack, and Burris is hot garbage. Tunsil, by himself, would make the Jets a better team NOW and in the future. Instead, we are headed into the season with two young QB's that will likely get KILLED whenever they get a chance because Mac doesn't give a sh*t about putting young kids in a position to succeed. He'd rather neglect the OL and draft little twerp linebackers.

Does anyone on this site think it is WISE to put a young QB behind this OL? You would advocate a young kid getting the sh*t knocked out of him when he's attempting to learn the game and become a true professional in his craft?

And rest assured, whenever Petty or hack get the chance to start? They WILL get beat to hell. They'll have far less time to make a decision with the football than normal. They will NOT have much of a running game to lean on.

That is NOT an environment that is conducive to learning.

5. Mainejet

Who mentioned HOF? I certainly didn't. I am merely making the point that Tunsil would have made the Jets team better in 2016 and likely better today. Tunsil will get better at time goes on. Instead, we are stuck with a serious case of buyers remorse about Lee and hack.

6. FJF

You keep saying the lump sum of hack,lee and Burris as if mac knew they would all be there for his picking and now claim the article you posted may not be factual since there are other articles stating different offers. So yes I will question what you claim because there is nothing backing it up. I mean you want us to believe this article stating he offered a 2nd as proof he could have made a deal but also believe another article that gives credibility to your "he didn't want to miss on hack " theory. All the while wanting us to believe tunsil is worth a 1st,2nd and 4th.
    It's a pretty weak position to take,imo

RuJFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To begin with, the rule of thumb on this board is that when you make a controversial claim, it is YOUR responsibility to provide the quotes and backup for the claim if there is any. You made the claim. If you expect to be believed/taken seriously, then it is your responsibility to provide the backup.

The fact that your source is Gary Myers tells me all that I need to know. This is BS. Gary Myers hates the Jets and I've never read one accurate, intelligent article from him on any football subject, but especially the Jets. If there's a dumb idea, he latches onto it. If he wasn't writing for a rag like the Daily Schnooze, he'd be a clerk in a convenience store somewhere.

Also, as FJF said, this article completely discredits your claim that Mac didn't want to trade up for Tunsil because he had to have Hack. You can't have it both ways.

Jets fans. You can't make this shit up.

#47 NCJetsfan, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. Mainejet

Lol So WTF was I supposed to do to satisfy you and NC's tiny little brains? Strong arm Mike McCagnan at gun point and make him spill the beans right in front of you, so your senses of poster responsibility can be met. You guys are a couple of dingbats that are beyond approach, aren't you?

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the best you get when it comes to things of this nature.

Well, notwithstanding your wonderful, exemplary reputation for awesomeness, I provided you and NC with one article among MANY that said a deal was there for the taking had Mac wanted it. Instead he got cheap and went in an entirely different direction and f*cked the team in the process. No OL is probably the main reason this team looked like sh*t last season and it will also be a main for their upcoming failures this season.

But you guys still know that Mac is wonderful, so you can guys can stroke him until your hearts are content.

9. Sorry.I don't agree.3 young prospects are better than 1.I don't care if OL is perceived as a bigger need to me the biggest need is volume of talent.

Tunsil may end being a guard at the end of the day & im on record stating I thought he was overrated coming out. Maybe they aren't perfect but Winters/Carpenter are respected league wide and are the teams most dependable linemen.

It's very possible Tunsil would've flopped at tackle here & not been good enough to beat out Carpenter or Winters(esp w Bowles).Then what would folks be saying?Mac traded 3 picks for a tackle who can't play tackle & not good enough to beat out our incumbent guards.

Burris & lee likely start for this team long term.Hack is a wild card at a vital position..they aren't perfect picks but id still take them over a guard.

FJF likes this.
  10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Can't believe I just, read this cheap cut and paste crap... gotta do something sitting on the john :)

Anyway. Didn't you say Mac sucks because he wouldn't give 2nd for good player and kept it for Hack instead?

Well... this Myers crap that you posted says Macc did offer 2nd.
    So, you found something that highlights your oun BS. It's quite commendable:)

#50 RuJFan, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You realize you just posted article that CONTRADICTS your opinion?
    FJF and NC were remarkably patient with your misguided posts so these insults of yours are really uncalled for.
    Thus.....

You're a MORON wrapped into an ASSHOLE, stuck inside a CUNT of a syphilitic baboon who is being fucked with a malfunctioning grenade launcher.

I hope someone pulls the trigger so your sorry ass will get blasted out.

FJF likes this.
  12. FJF

Quoting this so people can like it again

MoWilkBeast and RuJFan like this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's what happens when someone cherry picks articles from terrible writers so they think they have a fucking clue about this stuff so they can then go onto the innernet and rant & barf all over the place like they know a fucking thing.

FJF likes this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Gents, MJ posts on other sites and is the same way. Let it go. He believes his opinion is gospel so just ignore it because as you see it isn't worth the aggravation.

15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't put the bust label on a guy 2 years in, but Darron Lee has not looked like 1st round talent at all so far.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Any of you ever been to Maine? They don't call it the Alabama of New England for nothing.

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  17. Mainejet

Are you fucking FJF and NC? Or are they tag teaming you? Either way with such anger in your post, there must be gay sex involved?

18. I think what really flaws the system is you end up looking for the perfect player. The scheme demands front 7 players that basically need to do everything,lol. Think about it..DL need to be big enough to play 3 down yet athletic enough to 1 gap in that same scheme. Linebackers have to be able to stack/shed blocks (w. only 3 DL protecting them who are not stacking),set the edge, make plays in space & oh yeah blitz more than any other team. I'd say in most schemes you may need acouple guys in the front 7 who are multi skilled but not a whole front

what usually ends up happening is you end up lacking playmakers. Often times guys who make plays have flaws in their game that evaluators need to see past. The Jets dont have this luxury in Todd Bowles scheme. And frankly it goes back to Rex too.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Right now the jets are better suited for a 4-3, McClendon, Big Cat, Mo and Ealy are probably more comfortable just doing one thing, pass rushing.

Put Lee as the weak side LB, Demario speed can be used to go sideline to side line as MLB and Jenkins can play strong side.

I believe the 2 safeties are capable of covering TE and playing in the box which is a luxury to have on defense.

Your also right about this going back to Rexs time here, both guys have been very rigid about their scheme and it has not worked out well for either men.

20. FJF

go back further, mangini was so obsessed on running his 3-4 he put a too light d rob at nt and ran vilma out of town.

blackssmagic and Red Menace like this.