Why can't Darron Lee cover anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He;s improved. Pretty low on my list of complaints this season.

LAJet likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Quoting this so people can like it again

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

As one of the biggest Lee critics, I'm here to acknowledge his elevated and consistent play in "recent" weeks. "Recent" being the operative word. Those that were prematurely heaping praise early in the season because of the occasional splash play are just as irrational as those who are unwilling to give him credit now.

LAJet and Red Menace like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

only thing that matter is can Lee do a back flip after we knock the Pats out of the playoffs

5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Agreed

6. Mainejet

I'm so sorry I made you so upset? Perhaps I should prepare some cookies and milk for you and we can have a Tasters Choice moment among men as we gradually forgive each other? And then what? Maybe a hug?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

You above all others, get so emotional over my posts? What is this? Are you theganggreen.com version of the speech police? If you don't like my posts, DON'T READ THEM.

In regards to Lee, what I've posted is 100% objective and accurate. He's become a good run defender when the DL plays well in front of him. However, I have serious reservations about heaping praise on Sharron when I see his inability to shed blocks? He still hasn't shown that to anyone, including you. Lets see how well he does when the DL isn't playing lights out football? When he consistently gets a lead Guard engaging him?

He MUST improve his pass coverage because it SUCKS. PLEASE post a single snippet of Lee actually getting his head turned to look for the football in pass coverage. Like I posted already, it's an honest question. I just don't think a single instance exists?

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Go try on your panties and bra and try to take an objective view in the mirror this time. FUCK YOU, K?

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. Mainejet

You're all wet, dude? Lee needs to be the 2017 version of BART SCOTT. Lee is a LB. Scott was a linebacker. I want to hear Lee running his mouth to a reporter about the Patsy defense not being able to stop a nose bleed. I want to hear, "CAN'T WAIT! !"

Robbie Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, etc. They must learn how to do back flips like Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Mainejet

You called?

HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Lol, you remind me of a dad who's had enough of his child's nonsense.

Personally I do believe he has played better, but I'm not going to go to either extreme with him anymore because it's only his 19th game in the NFL, he still seems a little wild on the field, but he's improving.

At times what I would like to see is the jets move him to weakside position next to Ealy and have him straight up blitz from blind side and have Ealy stunt with Williams as a change of pace.

He did it against Buffalo when he had QB assignment and that's how he had the sack on delayed blitz.

#450 Red Menace, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. Walt White

Another clueless post, lol

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lol was going to say this...

Walt White likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Darron Lee continues to improve and play well, that would be such a big bonus for the front office. He looked like a complete bust last year and the start of this year. He looks solid right now. Hope he keeps it up.

14. Walt White

A naysayer has changed his narrative...

Darron Lee keeps getting better, Muhammad Wilkerson returning to form | Jets film review
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/11/darron_lee_keeps_getting_better_muhammad_wilkerson.html

The D is starting to react as a unit now. There's much less thinking and people trying to get on the same page, and it shows.

But this play here, which is not in the review, is a wow play imo. I don't know if he got any credit but he sure should've. That's Lee driving Taylor back to Jenkins, after breaking coverage. It appears just as fast live on tv. This was a few plays after they were dancing btw :)
    [​IMG]

15. tubby

tubby Active Member

70-80 is average
    80-90 is above average
    90+ is "elite"

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That seems a bit disproportionate, if you take 50 as a base, or a 5/10 as average so

1-3 varying degrees of awful
    4 below average
    5-6 average
    7-8 good
    8-9 very good
    9-10 elite

If I scored 85 in a math exam I would be pissed if somebody claimed it to be meh your above average :rolleyes::D

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that is how school scales work at least back when i was in school.

<66 = F fail
    66-70 D below average
    71-79 C average
    80-89 B Above average
    90+ A excellent

K'OB likes this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

PFF has 8 sections on their grading scale Elite, High Quality, Above Average, Average, Below Average, Poor, Rookie and Limited

The number is just a way to put things in perspective, you can't look at it like a test score. But yes if you score an 85 on an exam, meh you are a little above average, nothing special.

That being said here is what a few people had to say about their grading system

MoWilkBeast and Walt White like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree to an extent in terms of it being a joke. It's a sham to include it when they introduce players.

PFF is good only for specific statistics. The overall grades are meh, but pass rush productivity stats are pretty good as well as others. The offensive line blocking stats are highly questionable due to assignments in the line play.

I look at Lee's scores however, and to me I think he's been playing average to above average ball the last 3 weeks for sure.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No doubt he has upped his game, I just think the scores overall aren't that reliable even though I may use them a little bit when trying to see where some players are at.