Why can't Darron Lee cover anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Maybe feel sad for a couple of them. On second thought fuck that lol.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

out of curiousity (80+ usually seems to be a great grade) but what's their scale of bad, average, good, great , amazing? seems game balls are usually around 88ish

legler82 likes this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sharon Lee is a bust and he is nothing special. He will not become anything useful in the future. Period.

How do I know? A lot of people on this board said so.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

All you fucking yahoos make me laugh...

The OBJECTIVE truth is the following and it is 100% FAIR. So unbunch your panties you bunch of pussies and listen up:

1) He played his best game as a pro last night. He's also been improving. His run defense skills seem to be finally blooming.

2) His pas coverage skills are still SHIT. He didn't get targeted by the Bills offense that I could tell? Why they didn't go after him, I will never know? His pass coverage are the worst I've ever seen? He gets BURNED each and every time. If they had targeted Lee, the score would have been VERY different.

3) Lee is still a fucking joke when you consider this is the 20th overall pick. We're getting as much return out of Jordan Jenkins, a 3rd rounder no less, than we have out of that pussy boy.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Someone here needs an education on the meaning of [Objective], it looks like. [Yes. That is YOUR subjective opinion, my friend.]

KurtTheJetsFan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Once selected these players are on equal footing in a squad system, it doesn't matter if a player is selected number 1 and takes two years to become good, while at the same time somebody selected 200+ hits the ground running, if they both become good then that is all that matters ultimately, you are the only one getting their panties twisted by what number he was selected in the draft but I am glad you seen him have a good game, let's all hope he has seen the light and moves onwards and upwards, at the end of the day it only benefits the Jets :)

Walt White likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Your use of the term "objective" here is very subjective.

FJF likes this.
  8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I 100% agree on this. At the end of the day, I didn't think Lee would be able to do his job even when the DL played off the charts like they did Thursday? But he is playing better than I ever thought he would, so this is a good thing.

Going forward, I see a decent run defending LB with a slight caveat? Can he shed blocks and still get to the ball carrier? He probably didn't have to shed a single block Thursday with how well the DL played? Can he handle it when he's forced to pick up the slack when things aren't going so well? I've yet to see him do it once.

When will he become a good pass defender? He was drafted specifically for his ability to defend the pass. His ability to take on TE's and COVER them. Well the fact is, he stinks at it. He still hasn't once gotten his head turned to actually LOOK for the pass. So long as he never does that, he will always be a penalty waiting to happen. Honestly, I don't know why the Bills didn't go after Lee in the game. He's been a clear vulnerability. The NFL is a copy cat league, so it really surprises that they didn't. The Bills started utilizing Nick O'Leary to exploit the middle of the field and it worked for a few plays until O'Leary fumbled and the offense scrapped that plan.

9. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Is Darron lee good??? Last year he was bad but this year I don't think I have ever been more perplexed by a players production. Is it that he went from bad to average? He makes plays but also gets beat bad. Some games I love him and others I want to bench him. Plus I don't think I have ever seen a first round pick change numbers like he did. Maybe he wanted a fresh start? If so I think it might have worked

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Lee has seemingly improved week in and week out this season.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Be wary of this: it's not so much how WELL the DL played as to why Darren Lee played with an impact as it is more like the DL playing up to their EXPECTATIONS. That was the intention that Bowls and Mac had in mind when they drafted Lee to begin with. Lee can't do it all on his own, he's not built for that, obviously. I think as long as the DL plays to their level, every thing falls in place. It all trickles down. Adams had a great game also.

FJF and Walt White like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. He started off terrible, then was mostly bad, now currently playing pretty well the last month. Hope he keeps that progression going.

K'OB likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This is patently false. It's laughable that you act like such a little bitch over a false assumption, and lack of knowledge. 'Pussy this , panties that, pussy boy', blah blah, and then you insult the board for good measure. Really? You sound like some sort of latent closet homosexual.

I guess the tackles all over the field, QB pressures, hits, and sacks, the energy, speed, aggressiveness are some secondary benefit that they weren't expecting?

On top of that you keep crying like a cunt over the coverage, but he's been covering guys all over the field. If you really paid attention you'd see that. Maybe you do, but you look for the one instance where you THINK you see a fault or a shortcoming so you can sound off and call him some derogatory shit like a faux tuff guy. You act like he's supposed to be Darrelle Revis, it's a joke. You see one pass completed and you act like some kinda hysterical idiot. There isn't a CB, S, or LB in the history of the NFL that doesn't have plays made against them. You should STFU, really.

#434 Walt White, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    101GangGreen101, K'OB, FJF and 4 others like this.
  15. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

He is a solid player. Flashes big play ability...must loosen his hips to improve pass coverage. Much better than last year, i thought he was too small but the kid is tough.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Demario Davis has been playing lights out for most of the season. Part of Lee's improvement could be coming from the opportunity to play with and learn from Davis.

As they say in the NBA you can't teach size. Lee will never be bug hitter like Bart Scott. With that said he can be very good if he plays up to his talent.

K'OB likes this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

But Lee wasn't drafted to be a big hitter. He was a super fast and quick LB that was needed in this mans NFL where you need at least two versatile LB's who can stuff the run and all the while cover in nickel packages and 3rd down.

He's not the biggest so he needs help to shoot thru gaps...Now suddenly I've seen Lee shoot gaps and be all over the place. In a span of a month he went from where is he to, he's EVERYWHERE...As to earlier in the season he may have been thinking too much and getting sucked into blocks, now he's beating blockers to the punch and using his speed to combat the run game. Pass coverage he's still struggling but it's tough covering these stud TE's nowadays. I saw though a few times where Lee was picking up that RB coming out of the backfield and he was literally step for step with them, so hes seeing the play quicker and using his blazing speed to get to where he needs to be.

Walt White and K'OB like this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm Scott Dierking and I approve of this message.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Objective.....wtf? The following is objective:
    - Your comment on item 2 is way the fuck over exaggerated so you can continue to make a point.
    - The only fucking joke about point 3) is your relentless lame attempt to justify your opinion, which is rapidly developing in perhaps top ten worst early draft assessments in Jets history.
    - Kudos to Mac for stealing Jordan in the 3rd round. Now that's objective.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member