Who's with me on this issue on our defense?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Trey Ko, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

There isn't anything that we could do this season to get any better defensively!

When teams want to run, they can run; when teams have a 3rd and 8, we better expect the drive to continue. This defense gets me so sick. I would just like to think that this is the infancy of a good defense for the future.

We can't seem to do anything right.

2. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Yeah, and I hate the fact that we rarely blitz too. We are going to have so many holes on defense. We are going to need another DE, NT, OLB, and CB.

3. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

This defense needs 22 men on the field before we can deem it effective

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We could have lost a lot more games this season if teams had run as much as the Browns have today. But they threw and killed themselves. Let's hope the Browns start calling more passing plays.

5. since83

since83 Member

we don't attack offenses. we read and react. it takes 2 yards to read the play and five yards to react. we are tackling 5-6 yds downfield. Also I am getting pissed with the missed tackles by jville, hobson making me remember why we ran mo lewis out of town (slow az hell)

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's not an issue...unless the issue is you saying the defense sucks.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The fact that we have Kassell on the Field and he's too slow and gives up the Sideline is a sign.
    He's done it 3 times in this game alone.

Our D-Line is so pathetic that they are being single blocked and still can't even get close enough and still refuse to put their Hands up and Block a Pass.

This is also allowing an O-Lineman to get to Vilma and keep him 4 yards off the LOS.

It's just all relative and due to the fact that we DO NOT HAVE 3-4 PERSONELL.

Very infuriating and frustrating especially for someone like me who Loves watching good Defense.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're not going to change defensive schemes back to 4 down linemen. I know it's frustrating, but it's reality.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The pass rush is pathetic...in all my years watching football, I have never seen a more disgraceful pass rush in my life..at any level.

10. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I think the problem is more the read and react and the fact that our players suck. We run 4-3 and suck in that too. Enough of this base package nonsense.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is the worst defense I've ever seen. Worse than 2003. There isn't one guy on our defensive line that I want back here next year, and every one of our linebackers except Barton is out of place in this scheme. Vilma has been one of the worst MLBs in the league this year.

I want BIG personnel changes next year.

12. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

beat me to this post. I was already gonna start the weekly "our defense (more specific: d-line) is embarrassing. Frye hasn't been touched.

I'm convinced that if Frye wanted to run the clock out with 5 minutes left, clevo can run a pass play and Frye would just hold the ball with no intention of throwing. our d-lline would just flop around the LOS and come no closer than 4 yards of Frye.

pathetic.

13. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I say forget all of this we need a RB in the draft. I would not mind if we spent every damn draft pick and free agency acquisition on defense!!! It's so frustrating watching average running backs run through the defense like a hot knife through butter.

With this cast of jokebook defenders (less maybe 3), what can we do to make anything better but hit defense hard in any which way?

14. GBarkum

GBarkum New Member

NO PASS RUSH + NO RUN DEFENSE = WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. How come everyone sees it but the Jets' coaching staff?