Who's next to go?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dabrowsk1, Mar 1, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Who do you think will be cut next? Based on the roster, news, etc. Which players will be the next cap casualties before the end of the week?

2. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Kendall for sure

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I'm afraid either Kendall or Mawae will be next.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Kevin, Pete, NOT Chad, Barton

5. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Kendall, hopefully

6. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

It was/is Mawae. They just announced it on 1050 ESPN Radio.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

WOW! I know alot of us (not myself) predicted this but when you actually see it in print it's still a surprise. I know he was hurt and aging but what led to his release obviously was his refusal to cooperate with his contract.

Boys and girls this new regime is not fooling around......

8. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I was thinking about that. Perhaps they did this also to send a message. They had until Friday to try and trade/release Mawae. Why do it now? Why not wait? Perhaps this was a message to Chad as well as other restructuring players. IF YOU DO NOT WORK WITH US, YOU ARE GONE! Wow!

9. QBKILLER94

QBKILLER94 New Member

As much as I love him, parting ways with Mawae makes sense. He's 35! I'd rather have a young J. Abraham. Besides, we can get a good center in the draft. N. Mangold (Ohio St.) and N. Eslinger (Minnesota) both look good coming out of college. We could probrably get one with a third round pick.

10. Looks like we're doing a complete overhaul of the OL. Jones and Moore will be the only holdovers, and dont be surprised if one of them moves to the center position.

11. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Not suprised. Here we go, JV Squad coming at ya with no CBA agreement.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well its not a surprise about mawae, only bad thing is we cant "GROOM" a center now.

if eric barton is cut ill be very dissappointed as i believe he is a borderline pro-bowl quality player. this would only make sense if they were going to keep abraham, i wouldnt want to lose two starters especially on the same side of my front 7

13. We may have no choice but dedicate this draft to rebuilding the OL. I'm hoping Jones gets moved to Center, where he has the talent to be a pro bowler, then we can draft Brick at 4, and if we trade Abe, we might even take an RT w/ the second 1st rounder, a guy like Jon Scott/Marcus McNeill would make a helluva bookend w/ Brick.

14. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

wow that is weird to read...mawae was a great center...here's to ya :beer:

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

or we can sign Ashworth if we manage to get any cap room and then use one less pick on OL in the draft.

If Barton goes, it'll be interesting to see Brown step in there full-time and if McClover has any chance of challenging. I realize he has no experience being on IR last year, but he's very raw. With added weight, he could be a very good speed-rushing OLB, and he's already a fine tackler.

cheers

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

bleh if that were the strategy then you went about it the perfect way.

i just dont feel good taking ferguson at 4, maybe if there were a veteran presence at G to stabliize his lack of ability to take on the inside rush. not to mention we'll be waiting to see if our whole OL busts while martin wastes away with blaylock/houston who are nothing more than good change of pace backs(or at least not the answer to our future)

it depends we all have biases, i want to trade down for a RB (Williams, Maroney, White) and a late round OL (jean gilles/mangold/mcneill)

17. It really all depends on what we do w/ Jones. The thing about brick w/ inside bull rushes, is that is usually a thing easily corrected w/ a good Strength program and a quality OL coach. Basically next year would be considered a wash to get the OL up to speed if this was our strategy. We could afford to let Brick take his lumps w/ inside moves. A year or 2 into his career, this will be a non issue and we will have a potential Franchise LT on our hands.

18. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

As we stand right now, Kendall is still on the team. Unless I missed something?:eek:hmy:

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

McClover might be a little light in the weight department, but have you seen the guns on the guy. He is massive. Could probably bench press a buick.

He is a beast on ST as well.

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

no doubt, man.

I just wanna see him get a shot to play beyond Special Teams. A guy with that much raw athleticism and speed needs to find a way to get on the field to make plays. I don't see him moving to Safety, unless Mangini (who knows the Secondary best) thinks he can do it. But if he grasps the scheme and adds weight, I think he can play some OLB for us; he can tackle, rush the QB, and cover TE's with his speed.

cheers