who is on your ignore list?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by alleycat9, Apr 27, 2013.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The problem is that debating you is like wrestling with a pig: both gets dirty, only you'll enjoy it. Plus the wrestling is useless since you're incapable of comprehending and acknowledging points of others IMO.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Bring valid points and I will acknowledge.

I get into heated debates w/ some of the best posters here. We may not agree but I know they know their stuff.

I try to learn from every debate and I try to help others too. The more spirited, intelligent debates we have the more knowledgeable we all become and the better the board becomes.

3. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

Would you actually debate a topic with champ though?

4. nyjunc

I have, it's rare. champ is a big part of this board whether we agree or disagree w/ him. The board wouldn't be the same w/o him.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So you had to go and quote one of the two posters here who imvho every poster here should have on ignore.

Why is it gutless to put people on ignore? There is no good answer, because it isn't. It merely saves me time from going through worthless posts, even if only by scrolling. It is a time saver, in short. How is that gutless?

It makes no sense. It is merely one poster's way of crying that people put him on ignore.

6. nyjunc

Our #1 most gutless poster arrives, the "man" afraid to debate me but will bash me all the time.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

no one...

/10char

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny, Big Blocker has such Small Nuts that he doesn't even have the guts to post his vast and distinguished list of ignored posters.

Too busy beating off to black and white movies, I guess. With a ballgag in his mouth.

9. abyzmul

Truth. Even though I totally enjoy pissing him off.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No one. But I'd be ignoring everyone if I gave a fuck.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey thanks... i guess you cared so little that you just had to tell me about it...

i dont really play fantasy anything, and surely if i do i dont take it seriously.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey...junc is a pain in the ass...but I do enjoy him. Junc..for the posters that were here before the site lost all of its memory...forgot what year that is..do you remember the thread where Champ you and me went at it for months? It was you right?

It was a Herm Edwards thread early in his days when i was giving him a chance...you too..and we were going at it with champ. That had to be one of the biggest daily blowouts I can ever remember here. I forgot the thread name. It really did last for months...wouldn't be tolerated today.

As far as ignoring posters..really? While there are a few that get on my nerves..nah..that are a bit annoying...why would anyone put ignore on a poster other than for that poster to know he cant be seen. Isnt that giving in a bit?

Could be me but I never understood the ignore theory. Would never give that person the benefit.

#32 jaywayne12, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh i can remember arguing with him about herm... man oh man!

it was so absolutely frustrating at that point, but i learned something about him with herm. he still today will defend herm to the end even after he went to kc and ruined their entire franchise and then wisely went into tv.

i never got involved in any of the pennington or schottenheimer stuff, but he has taken me to the point where its just not entertaining to come and read his posts. they got to the point that they were enraging. people would say just ignore him just ignore him but i was like you i didnt want to ever ignore anyone.

then one day long long after i had realized that i was arguing with a guy who would never ever give an inch i decided enough is enough. i put him on ignore and this place has been much better since. i still see many of his posts as he gets quoted often but they arent in real time and i dont end up with any back and forth with him. he can no longer frustrate me... and i am better off for it.

for quite some time i have just skimmed or completely ignored champs posts... they made no sense and were just angry ramblings.... but they took up half a page of my favorite thread every few days. so instead of scrolling over them i just put him on ignore and the real posts are right there. its not a big thing but having to keep scrolling... keep scrolling... keep scrolling through 5 of his posts was tedious.

hobbes got thrown on because of his ramblings on sanchez too. he is a bit of a mix between junc and champ. he is in the beginning stages of dementia i think.

i may one day after june 1st take junc off of ignore. he does post some good things every now and again. he posted some good pics of the new ballpark in sf in the 17a thread. but he at this point is really no more than a troll who is just baiting people into arguing with him while he changes the rules of engagement on a daily basis to suit himself. im bored with it, i have made enough of a argument for most sensible people to realize what he is doing.

heres to looking forward to not seeing his reply to this. he has already replied what 4 or 5 times in this thread. its so nice to not even be able to see it.

14. abyzmul

I remember alley, jaywayne, Cman, Tony, junc, champ, Mack, GreenGuy, Matthew3E, Petro, joiseyjet, god I wish I could remember everyone.

The early days were priceless.

Who was the brit that started the joke threads? I know it started with an S.

I do actually miss the old days. I know that I wasn't such a douche back then.

15. abyzmul

Oh, by the way, alleycat needs to stop being a poon and un-ignore junc and champ.

You can keep Hobbes on ignore because he is a worthless drunk.

16. nyjunc

I used to have so many Herm debates they all kind of blend together :grin: yes, I remember the old debates. Champ used to actually debate.

I defend what I believe in and I always will. Herm did a good job for our team, I don't care what he did in KC and he went to a mess in KC. To say he ruined anything is just being unfair. He went there and brought them to the playoffs for the first time in 3 years. The man that ruined KC was Carl Peterson.

The problem is you ignore facts and so instead of defending your stance and giving me good info you want to bash me and ignore me. We all can make any choices we want, I think stuff like that hurts all of us and the board. Whether you agree w/ me or not I will always provide a good argument- or at least try to.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Greenguy and I had quite a few debates but I always respected Michael's opinion, as I do with Junc...its been 11 years now Junc...amazing...:beer:

18. nyjunc

I have been here since 2001, they lost all the old posts and it re-set so that's why it says joined 2002. were you around in '01?

I had some great debates w/ GG as well as Jabba.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Our debates will go down in history as the Great Joe Namath debates...:) I used Michael's avatar for quite a few years, with LVCoach's permission, to honor Michael, a truly nice guy

20. nyjunc

I never met him, I always liked him even though I'm not sure he thought that. One thing about these arguments, I really don't take anything personal. We can get heated but some of my favorite posters are the ones that battle w/ me the most and I really liked GG.