Who is more important to a National Football League Franchise in your opinion?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 26, 2006.

?

Who is more important to a National Football League Franchise in your opinion?

1. Head Coach

70.0%
  2. General Manager

30.0%
  1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I said GM but alot of the time you have HC's acting in a defacto GM role, bring in "their guys". I think whoever has final say over the personnel decisions on a team is the most important.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'll go with the GM. You can compensate for any weaknesses a head coach may have with the coordinators and position coaches. A bad GM will totally screw up a franchise in just about every way possible.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a very important.

4. Hazardous Waters

What the hell does a GM know about football? Most of these GMs are just rich fuckers that wanna sit there and inherit more money.

5. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

A good coach can face a GM. And even if the GM is a brick and can't manage his cap for shit, a good HC can make up for it by playing his players right. A GM can't do shit with an incompitent coach.

Example, Gruden winning SB 37 before McKay ditched and left a HUGE cap mess with all the backed up contracts he signed players to while he was here. Now he's in ATL, and I just laugh at the thought of Vicks 10 year 100 mill contract.