Who is being told to 'relax' after this win?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I always wondered how Giants boards looked like. Got any link?

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Lions are a bad team. I’d like to say the Jets dominance was strictly due to their overwhelming ability but it just seems unlikely.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I love this sound bite

All Gas No Shake and Big Cat like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I thought the G-Men would take a QB for sure at 2 given how Eli is on his last legs and they likely won't be picking so high in the near future. But I guess they didn't like any of the top QB prospects and went with Barkley as the rumors suggested. Their loss is our gain. :D

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wouldn't rule out them picking top 6 in the near future

Red Menace likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I just want to beat the Dolphins now, my most hated franchise.

Ptflea2, BrowningNagle and Wahoo like this.
  8. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you my brother but think about it I wasn’t this excited in 09 or 10 and we’ve ever seen quarterback played like this from our franchise ..... Chad Pennington wasn’t bad but we all knew he didn’t have a strong arm ....even Joe Willy couldn’t do what this kid is doing With his legs...... and at only 21 he’s only going to get better..... and be with us for the next 15 years!!!!! I’m about to faint

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Naw Man.... That shit hurts once you hit the ground... LOL

Mr mittens and Brook! like this.
  10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha I feel like a 15-year-old schoolgirl watching the high school quarterback when I Watch this kid

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Well, just goes to show what several years of Hackenberg, Petty and Fitzpatrick will do to you. Right now, Sam looks like the second coming of Steve Young compared to those guys..

jetstopgun likes this.
  12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we should relax. its one game in week 1. first 2 weeks anything can happen. and looking at our schedule, after playing 3 creampuffs in 10 days early we are staring 5 straight losses in a row.

maybe not big hype now, but if/when we go 3-0 there will be a ton of hype before we end up 3-5 or 4-4 by midseason

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I would argue it's even more than that - they also need to get to the Super Bowl with Eli and because of Barkley or this will end up being a monumentally bad decision on their part, unless Darnold, Allen, and Rosen all bust.

And you're absolutely right about loads of Giants fans being very unhappy at the time that the team didn't pick a QB. Certainly nothing has happened since then for them to change their minds.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Cman68

It may have been a reaction to the perception that some how Eli got jerked around by the prior regime. To prove themselves right, they're gonna ride Eli one more time and give him a running game to work with. With the 3 primary weapons they have, they are indeed a win now team. They shouldn't go 3-11 again but anything short of a PO appearance might be viewed as a failure.

15. statjeff22

I think a playoff appearance in both of the next two years is absolutely the expectation, one that I simply don't see. Both OBJ and Barkley got over 100 yards this week, and the offense still only scored one touchdown. I have no doubt that each of them will win games for the Giants this year, but I'll be surprised if they finish over .500 with a mediocre QB, a bad offensive line, and a pedestrian defense.

As was pointed out in another thread, unless Darnold, Rosen, and Allen all bust, there's almost no way that the Giants picking Barkley will end up being the right move.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, it's only one game, and there will be some speed bumps along the way, BUT...watching Darnold in live action shows me that he's the real deal, and if he stays healthy this will indeed be a franchise turning point, much like Namath was for them. Darnold is the best QB I've seen play for the Jets since Namath. As long as Macc can provide the complimentary supporting cast, this should be start of a long run. We may wind up sub-.500 this season, but should be in every game, and if things break our way, it wouldn't shock me if they make the playoffs (but that's a reach).

J.E.T.S. JETS! JETS! JETS!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. statjeff22

Oh, and to the point of the OP, I fully expect Darnold to have some stinkers along the way, and I'm still far from convinced that the Jets are a .500 team. I'm extremely relaxed, since to me the Jets are in many ways playing with house money. If at the end of the year we know that Darnold is a true franchise QB very little else actually matters. There's no question that he's off to a good start on that count.

18. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

You and a million Jet fans are thinking the same thing. Barkley is in the right stadium wearing the wrong colors.

Brook!, BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I firmly believe that our Jets will win more games this year than that "win now" team that squats in our stadium.

Mr mittens, Brook! and BacktoQueens like this.
  20. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This is what's making me feel most excited.......all starts at the top. Let the change keep coming

[​IMG]

Jets81, CotcheryFan, Brook! and 2 others like this.