Who else is super proud of this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Nov 3, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It was a great all around performance by the JETS. CS was superb. OL and DL were great though the false starts by the OL in couple of critical drives drove me nuts.

Even though it was tough (last)3 losses, where they could have easily won, I have been enjoying their fight, spirit and competitiveness. As some stated, they could easily be over .500. Regardless if they may not win another game, or win few more games, Jalen Adams said, the team's mentality at practices and locker room spirit is very positive...Those type of wins do a lot to teams' confidence not only now and for the future... Moving on to Tampa...

hornblower likes this.
  3. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Yeah I’m proud of them. I didn’t expect much of them so I didn’t order NFL Season Ticket, but what I have seen has made me proud.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Josh Allen is not hat this team needs and trading up would be a huge mistake. Plus Bowles and Macc will be back and that's the worst news ever.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Im proud that alot of the young guys are stepping up, but it gets really annoying when they decide to blow huge leads to mediocre teams in the 4th and cocktease us with those wins

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I had zero expectations for this team so anything I get is upside. I'm just glad that they don't suck as the pundits said. Entertaining? Absolutely. Competitive? Yessir. Reminds me a bit of the 2015 squad that just missed the playoffs. Perhaps they needed a few games to jell. I think a lot of this has to do with Morton's transformation of the offense and Bowles's transformation of the lockerroom as well. This team was always thought to have a top notch defense but not so much on offense while Gailey was the shotcaller. All of that has changed now. 2018 should be a very interesting year.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I just can't help plugging in Petty's name for McCown in your post.

Leicester Jet, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  8. Cman68

Petty's only hope is to get out of here after 2018 when his rookie deal is up. Hack can pretty much write off the Jets since the HC has already written them both off. Until that happens, Petty and Hack are irrelevant to any conversation regarding the 2017 Jets. Simply put, Petty and Hack do not matter. Frankly, they never did for 2017 or beyond.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

When mondo tried to troll me last night, I was halfway hoping that he was right, that Petty had been traded to the Texans when Watson went down with the season-ending injury. Petty would have a real chance to play there, he'd be in his home state, and he wouldn't have to put up with any more BS from the Jets.

Of course, the other half of me was thinking I'd be really pissed if it happened. With our luck, Petty would have gone to Houston, played so well that Watson looked like a Pop Warner QB in comparison, and gone on to have a HOF career; meanwhile, McCown would have gone down with a season-ending injury, and Hack would have had to play, and he would have looked like absolute crap.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say I’m proud of the team but I am getting a lot of enjoyment watching this team which I certainly was not expecting.

Part of me hopes Petty leaves next year too so he can join the growing list of failed back up QBs that this board was sure was getting shafted by the Jets and destined for great things once free only to fail or get no chance in next stop either. The other part of me thinks he can be a decent enough backup or bridge/stop gap QB til our next franchise QB is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

every body on this board should contact the team: use the kelly greens, burn the hunter greens and those dark helmet trims and logos. bring in the gold trim from the titans unis to add with the kelly greens instead of black.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think U have totally forgotten the 68 season U know the one when the outcome of that season was the world championship. Me going back to 65 I can not remember any other season that led to a NYJ championship. Can U? :mad:

13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I have 20 yrs on the job...and i know how experienced employees can be subversive to change and new leadership. Whoever decided to let go of any and all players that refused to buy in deserves a lot of credit for this young team headed in the right direction.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Very proud. I didn't expect much, especially not having 4 wins by week 9.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They do dance pretty well!

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes, this. The unwarranted Petty love is one of the worst parts of this season.

17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I remember the '99 season when Vinny went down in game 1. It was really two seasons. The first half was an unmitigated disaster, but the second half was sublime. That team beat just about everyone in the second half of the season and finished 8-8. I remember feeling, even though they were out of the playoffs, it was the best or one of the best teams in the league, and one of the best Jet teams ever. It gave me a certain sense of satisfaction knowing the Jets could have beaten anyone.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO that's just wudda, cudda thinking. It doesn't really mean jack that they could have beaten anyone. The reality is that they didn't, and that they were in that mess because of Parcells' arrogance both in terms of messing up the Jets getting Peyton and in terms of not having a quality backup on the roster and thinking he could go thru the season with one QB.

19. Cman68

Just one more year Mo and you won't have to worry about it anymore. Maybe Macc will cut or trade Petty before TC 2018 if he's lucky. Either way, Petty's rookie deal is up next year and if that kid has a single working brain cell, he'll get speeding tickets on his way out of Florham Pk. NJ. I just hope he doesn't run anyone over getting to the turnpike.

#39 Cman68, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes just another deluded NYJ fan who cannot remember that the last time the NYJs won anything of importance was Jan 12,1969 so they make up all these mythical things to delude themself that they are rooting for 1 of the worst teams in the NFL from 69 to the present:mad: