Who don’t you like?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Harpua, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Boom!! I love that!

Red Menace likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao I remember that, shotgun to the dome by Joe

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Plus 1 zillion

4. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

“Being a competitor” isn’t enough in the NFL. It’s very hard to hang in the pocket for a QB his size, but that’s what he would need to do in order to be successful. Mayfield lived off of bubble screens and quick slants in college. You cannot do that in NFL; just ask Bryce Petty and Geno Smith.

Also if I hear another person comparing him to Drew Brees I’m going to flip. People were comparing Johnny Manziel to Drew Brees a few years back.

Drew Brees is a Hall of Fame QB, and one of the best to ever play the position. We probably won’t see another short QB like Brees in our lifetime.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I never compared him to Brees. That said, lots of QBs, shorter than the ideal have succeeded in the NFL. It takes creativity and drive to do it, but those are way more important than height. If the Jets draft him and they build their offensive scheme around his strengths he'll succeed. If they fail to do that, and do as they did with Sanchez for example and try to force him to play in their scheme he'll likely struggle. No matter who the QB is, they need to set him to succeed with the right scheme and the right players around him. The Jets have failed miserably at that, and that's not the fault of the QB but that of the FO/CS.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Completely agree about the QB's. I like Josh Allen the most, but he's still risky in top 10.

Quenton Nelson is the guy I'd most like to draft.
    Perennial Pro Bowler upside and will give our offense some much needed toughness.

Of course I'd love Barkley as well, but he's less likely to be there.

7. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson??? He's making quite the early case to be a Hall of Famer and already has the ring like Brees. If you can play, you can play, simple as that.