Who do you want to win week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Who do you want to win week 1?

1. Jets

2. Bills

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I will never root for the Jets to lose- yes before you reply I understand the draft implications and the future of the team.

I will still not root for the team to lose.

FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I think the jets season win column opportunities lie within the first 4 games (actually not happening with the Raiders)and couple more after that. So really 5 games is it. If the jets lose those 5 it's a forgone conclusion we are looking at a 0-16 season. Now as others have mentioned if Petty or Hack actually win 6-7 games the first overall pick becomes slightly less important....any QB, hell even Brady that can win that many games with this offence should be considered for MVP. Now if McCown were to win those games (impossible) that would be catastrophic.

3. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

This board has gone full retard. We always hope the jets win. If they must lose and hack is a sack of shit then we hope for a high draft pick. I am not rooting for the bills. So sad. Also hack is a sack of shit.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez u folks are gonna be in for a doozy this year......it doesn't matter who wins week 1.

be sure that IF the jets start 1-0 and the QB has a browning nagle style game one, this board will continue to melt down because of the draft implications.

my suggestion to all u fans less than 40 is sit back and relax, enjoy the entire NFL season if you can.

take the occasional peek at the jets just to keep one eye on them and feel like u did your deed as a fan.

worked for me in 95 and 96 and it will work for you.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

No guarantee the top pick QB will be the next Brady/Montana so I'll always root for the win and treat draft position as a salve to my burning injustice and not winning every freaking game.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Draft is a crapshoot. Those of you in support of tanking for a higher pick blow my mind.

7. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

This team can be Ok as long as the two young QBs don't play

8. JethroTull

Exactly and what exactly makes you confident the Jets will pick the right player?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why are you even a Jets fan? You don't want them to play the two young QBs they have, you don't care about draft position, and don't trust them to pick the right players. What hope or rational positive expectations for the future can you possibly have? Are you a masochist? I think maybe that you're a Sado-masochist and are here to torture not only yourself, but us as well.

This is a rebuild year and the Jets need to find out once and for all what they have in the two young QBs. They aren't going anywhere with McCown.

They may not pick the right player, but at least that way we have a chance and some hope for the future. If we play McCown this year and he stays healthy, then it's almost guaranteed that the Jets won't draft a QB next year, not only because our draft position will more than likely be screwed, but they won't have a definitive answer about Hack yet, but because he showed a lot of improvement and some promise this year, they won't give up on him, and more than likely we'll be looking at handing the reigns to Hack in 2018.

If they go with McCown this year and then either don't pick a QB next year or pick the wrong one, then the whole lot of them should be fired and the team disbanded.

K'OB likes this.
  10. JethroTull

I want to see if any of our olineman or young WR's can play. We won't be able to properly evaluate those players with Hackenberg and Petty running the show.

11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Fucking sad that this question is even being asked.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Maybe you could get a scout/troll pass from the NFL and do your evaluations from the practices and sideline and receive all the proper film

#52 Walt White, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  13. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Root for the Jets? Been there
    Root for the Jets?? been there done that....for decades

If you want to root for a win here and there thats your choice (I absolutely get you and myself looking for a loss instead of a win is just not like me) ...be aware your heart may be broken Sun night

Congrats on being authentic and a better fan than myself I suppose

TBH with many good players injured eg Enunwa ..whats there to root for ?? the D??? lol that happens anyway cause the spending is so lopsided

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Nobody is rooting for a loss, do you think we will be sitting in our chairs cheering when we lose ?

Also going winless does not destroy a franchise but then again maybe that wouldn't be so bad an idea after all, ours is hardly a shining example of one to begin with.

Also to be frank with you Queenie we bloody well do need the number 1 pick, even if it is to get the number one in round 2-7 think bigger picture instead of settling for the shit we have settled for the last god only knows how many years, things need to change, things need a damned good old shake and a kick up the arse, we can't keep picking up enough wins to remain no hopers, a sad just under middle of the roaders, how fucking depressing is that :(

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think you need to read what he posted again and put a different slant on the sentence structure.

I say he said he was leaving out an opinion on you because he didn't want to get called stupid or a doofus by yourself in a retort ;)

You wouldn't catch me reading peoples posts wrong before commenting on them :rolleyes::p;)

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I see the way you read what he said and that makes sense, but imo it could be read either way. You're probably correct about the way he meant it, however.

K'OB likes this.
  18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I wont root against us... i dont think i could even if i wanted to.... not in my DNA

that said, when we lose games, i wont be upset... we have the least talented roster in the NFL and one of the leagues worst coaches. its certainty we will lose almost all of our games.

the bills are going to blow us out to the tune of 23-3 or something

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

In just 1 quarter, the Giants team that couldn't score a TD in their first two preseason games dropped 19 points on us. Their 9 points came from their defense (safety and pick 6) and 10 points from their offence. And Giants don't have Marshall and Odell. Is this still a question? This team needs the first pick and a decent coach who knows what he is doing. For that, I am OK to go for 1-15 or even 0-16 for that matter.

NCJetsfan and jerseyjay14 like this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have been a ticket holder for 37 years so don't give me that for decades crap. I don't consider myself better and the jets will never break my heart in 2017. Rooting for them does not mean I expect a win. There are zero expectations but I am not rooting against them week 1. That's ludicrous

jerseyjay14 likes this.