Who do you want to win week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Who do you want to win week 1?

1. Jets

2. Bills

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Should've made this a poll where you can see who voted what.

FJF likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this, i want to know which tried and true bleeds green fans clicked the bills.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Click and you shall see.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Which is why I did.

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I either want Havk to explode and win 8 games and be our FQB or I want the top pick in the draft with this strong QB class

Anything in the middle is a disaster

Sorry, that's just how the NFL is these days

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets just say if the Jets win, I'd be concerned about where we stand regarding draft position since as everyone knows, Buffalo is sitting on a few extra dp's they can use to get ahead of us on draft day. Frankly, a win would be meaningless in the big picture which remains, draft a FQB in '18. We f'd up an opportunity several years ago by beating teams in meaningless games near the end of the season and lost draft position in the process. Felt good on those particular Sundays but we fcked ourselves in the long run. Hopefully we're not stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. Then again, that would be quite Jetty wouldn't it...

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the post of shame. i mean buffalo? really people. i get going in for the tank but seriously,buffalo
    [​IMG]
    • Cman60- old and cynical
    • Brook!- not sure he understood the question
    • Longsuffering88 don't know much about this poster
    • jets69- him either
    • NYJetsO12-worst poster on the board so this does not surprise me
    • NCJetsfan- leaving out any opinion out fear of being called a doofus,stupid or totally clueless
    • Peebag-i think he is new here and is hanging out with the wrong crowd.

xxedge72x and Walt White like this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying trust me. If we are gonna suck let's go all the way and be tbe suckiest so we get tbe first pick and fuck it up. Seriously I know what's coming this year but I can not root against them in week 1 no way. How can u even watch them and root against them for 16 games. That's just not in my blood. We will probably lose and start 0-3 but I want to start tbe season with a W. and don't give me this you weren't even born crap. I got enough years to know how much this sucks and all I want is one God daMm super bowl before I die. I was a season tic holder for 37 years up until this year when I had enough of pissing my money away. Go ahead spend every Sunday for 4 months rooting against tbe team u say u love. Sounds like a blast

FJF likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I guess this is better than champ, but optimistic trolling is still trolling.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Cman68

How many extra dp's does Buffalo have? All we need is for Buffalo to tank, get close to us record wise at the end of the year and then use their surplus dp's to jump in front of us via trade to grab a FQB. We beat Buffalo and what does it mean? Not a damn thing except maybe we'll be drafting another DT/DB in the first round....

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Two picks in each round.

12. Cman68

Leverage...

13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I understand the big picture and all, but I'm a Jets fan and ultimately I can't root against the Jets in any which way shape or form.

I think the game is toss up anyway.

JetDan likes this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The flip side of that is... Jared Goff.

These "kids" are more often not the answer. You expect the team to get baby Jesus himself based on draft position, and end up with a person who doesn't know in which direction the sun rises, literally. At a position that is, falsely, assumed to be the most intelligent in the sport.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

FJF likes this.
  17. Cman68

Yeah, I'm hoping the Jets give this game to a draft position rival with similar designs on a FQB. I'm done with the Hacks and the Pettys and all the other marginal Qb's this team has shoved in front of us over the years. Beating Buffalo will mean we can most likely kiss any chance of getting one of the "big three" goodbye. Yanno what though... knowing this team and its history, that's exactly what's gonna happen. Buffalo will dump dp's in a draft day trade, move up and get their FQB. In the meantime, we'll win 5 games and draft another DB in the first round while listening to how we have wait another year or two for Hack after drafting the BPA that coincidentally will be a defensive player.

K'OB, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Leaving out an opinion? Me? LOL You have to be kidding. I've never been shy about voicing my opinions. I'm also not afraid of any poster here or what they might call me.

Maybe you ought to read posts more carefully. At the end of the very first line of my post, I said that I'm gonna go with a loss (which clearly means I hope the Bills win).

The Jets needs a franchise QB. A meaningless win against Buffalo means nothing in the big picture, and could wind up biting us in the ass preventing us from getting the QB we want in the draft.

I clearly laid out my rationale for whom I hope we beat this season and why. I hope we lose the rest of our games except those 2-3 games. I want a QB and a realistic chance to get to and win a SB.

I'm tired of the archaic attitude that some of you have where you want the team to win every game regardless if it winds up hurting the team in the long run. I understand it being difficult to root against the Jets. I understand despising the Bills and not wanting to lose to them or any AFC East team. The fact remains that we need the best chance we can get to get a FQB, an LT, #1 WR or whatever in next year's draft, and imo that trumps everything else.

#38 NCJetsfan, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  19. Brook!

:)

20. Brook!

I am offended! Lol. FJF. Come to the dark side dude. :)

Walt White likes this.