who do you think will be the starting NT in 07??

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Who do you think it will be???

2. Chad Vs THe World

not someone on todays roster

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

D-Rob's replacement.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Hopefully its Alan Branch out of michigan.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I hear the Jets are really high on Joe Shmoe out of WGFU..

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

probably not at NT...

7. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Too early to care

8. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Can we at least finish this season before we begin the nose tackle search? Chances are it will not be someone from the draft...And Alan Branch is not going to be a 3-4 NT.

9. Carl_from_nextdoor

Uta. nuff said [​IMG]

P.S. It's just a joke. Lost my dog recently to. I find laughing helps to cope if you still be gettin over it

#9 Carl_from_nextdoor, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  10. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Whatever happened to Pouha? Before sustaining that injury in the offseason, he was drawing a good amount of praise. Is the Pouha experiment already over? I don't recall the severity of the injury, but I didn't think it was career ending. I know he's almost pushing 30 years of age, but he's never had many football years, so he should still be relatively fresh.

Oh well, if he doesn't pan out, just sign any old fatass then. It can't possibly be worse than what we got going now anyway.

11. Hazardous Waters

edit........(oops)

#11 Hazardous Waters, Nov 10, 2006
  12. Hazardous Waters

I love these threads that have the same question and nothing else other than what was said in the title.

#12 Hazardous Waters, Nov 10, 2006
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be another nose tackle by comittee with Rashad Moore, a draft pick, and Pouha or Ailalefeueafhwiefh. I doubt they're going to find a first round nosetackle, so I'd bet a second-fourth round pick will contribute.

Move Robertson to end. When our line was Ellis - Moore - Robertson, we were very effective at stopping the run vs. Cleveland.

14. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

NICE! That guy's awesome. I don't know if he's a run stuffer, but he really likes stuffing Tight-Ends.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

which is what the DL supposedly will look like this week against the Pats.

hopefully it works again.

cheers

16. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

our new NT for next year

Keyonta Marshall
    Position: Defensive Tackle
    College: Grand Valley State
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 333
    Hometown: Saginaw, Mich.

Analysis | Injury Report | Agility | High School | Personal

OVERVIEW
    Marshall is a wide-body type with surprising quickness for a player of his size. He was the anchor of the Lakers' defensive line since joining the team in 2001. The run-stuffing expert began his collegiate career at Hawaii in 2000, but did not letter. He left Hawaii and went back home, enrolling at Saginaw Valley State that year before again transferring the following year to Grand Valley State
    The following season, Marshall started 10 games for the Lakers, producing 41 tackles (28 solos) with four sacks, 12 stops for losses, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble. In 2002, Marshall had his finest season as a collegian. He earned All-America honors while registering 79 tackles (53 solos) with 12 sacks, 23 stops behind the line of scrimmage, two pass breakups and a blocked kick.

Weight issues would limit Marshall to nine starts in 2003, but he still earned Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Defensive Lineman of the Year honors for the second-straight year. He finished with 44 tackles (18 solos), four sacks, nine stops for losses, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, five pass deflections and two blocked kicks.

Trimmed down to 333, Marshall again earned All-America honors, in addition to becoming the first player in GLIAC history to be named Defensive Lineman of the Year three times. He came up with 66 tackles (33 solos), six sacks and a career-high 25 stops for losses. He caused and recovered three fumbles and also deflected three passes.

In 55 games with the Lakers, Marshall started 42 times. He recorded 230 tackles (132 solos) with 26 sacks for minus-125 yards, 69 stops for losses of 224 yards, seven fumble recoveries and six forced fumbles. He also deflected 12 passes and blocked three kicks.

ANALYSIS
    Positives: High production tackler with a thick chest and wide hips ? One-gap type who is very effective working in the short area ? Solid run stuffer who flashes to the play with leverage ? Uses his hands properly to engage and shed blocks ? shows good quickness coming off the edge ? Drops his hips and hits on the rise in run force ? Keeps his feet free from blockers and delivers punishing hand swipes coming out of his stance ? Collides with ball carriers with a thud, using classic wrap-up tackling techniques to secure and bring down ? Has a good short burst and quick feet to push the pocket ? Shows decent playing strength to gain leverage ? When given a free lane, he can get some penetration and be disruptive ? Short stepper who doesn't work well over the trash inside as well, but gives a good effort to pursue and has some backside production ? In the pass rush, he has decent initial quickness ? Gets decent production off his effort and quickness to play underneath and slip off blocks.
    Negatives: Has a short, compact frame and has constantly battled with weight issues ? Is usually out of shape and also has shorter than ideal arms ? Shows better quickness at the 315-pound range ? When playing at 330+ pounds, he has only adequate quickness, agility and balance ? Lacks the foot speed to be effective outside the short area ? While he can push the pocket, he lacks the motor to consistently collapse it ? Works better over the center's head, getting bounced around a bit when taking on double coverage ? Good competitor who plays with good pursuit effort but lacks consistency, perhaps due to being overweight and a lack of conditioning as games go on ? Does not play up to his potential, taking plays off for stretches, but some feel this is due to a lack of endurance ? Plays a little too high coming out of his stance, spending too much time battling to keep blockers off his legs because of it ? Against the run, he occupies space on the line and has enough strength to hold the point and anchor, but gets stalled out when he does not use hands to work across the blocker to the ball or when shedding ? Despite his production, he isn't real explosive and is more of a pinball type working inside, as he lacks the lateral quickness to stunt without the power to bull rush.

INJURY REPORT
    Injury report unavailable.

AGILITY
    Campus: 5.29 in the 40-yard dash ? 400-pound bench press ? Bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times ? 525-pound squat ? 330-pound power clean ? 4.71 20-yard shuttle ? 8.13 three-cone drill ? 21?-inch vertical jump ? 7-foot-1?" broad jump ? 31-inch arm length ? 9?-inch hands ? Right-handed.

HIGH SCHOOL
    Attended Saginaw (Mich.) High School ? Earned Saginaw Valley All-Conference and all-area plaudits his junior and senior years ? Named to the all-state team as a senior ? Team co-captain senior year ? Named to the Saginaw Valley League Dream Team as a senior ? The team captured the 1999 Division II Football State Championship.

PERSONAL
    General Studies major ? Son of Al Moultrie and Phyllis Marshall ? Born Aug. 13, 1981 ? Resides in Saginaw, Mich.
    Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, Powered by The Sports Xchange

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Actaully im gonna go out on the limb.. and say tui is the starter in 07 at NT.. just from what we saw early in opreseason the guy plays the position was way for effect in limited time that pouha and d rob..

18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'd love to see Amobi Okoye on this team next season, great at stopping the run and can get after the ball, plus he's got the natural NT size which I know you all covet. He reminds me a lot of Vince Wilfork coming out of HS to be honest, though Okoye is a little more natural against the run.

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

can someone tell me what nt size is ?

if dewayne robertson is not and neither is alan branch .

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Robertson is, but his size doesn't always translate even though he played well vs. New England. Branch is too tall to get under interior lineman and push them back.