Who did the Jets really trade up for?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 3, 2018.

1. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

My god you guys are sensitive little snow flakes. Who is bashing? Let me ask you this, wouldn't you expect that in a thread titled "Who did the Jets really trade up for?" there to be actual debate over WHO DID THE JETS REALLY TRADE UP FOR?????????

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ah, snowflakes, I hate that term; but as to you, if the shoe fits, wear it! *****

3. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Off topic, but a question that came up with this quote, but i’ve noticed on message boards outside of the west coast, the disrespectful mother jokes are thrown out there quite a bit during testy discussions....mothers have always been off limits. Or, like Vinnie Barbarino would say, don’t mention my mother “the woman is a saint”.

Jets69, NYJetsO12 and Attackett like this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

let it go, man.

Mistakes happen. This thread is one of them.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are banned due to this message. Rest 1 week and if you decide to come back, make sure you aren't disrespecting a member's mother like that. Shame on you.

6. jetophile

He's an idiot Cheats sycophant. It gets a little rough around these parts at times, but I reckon he's being kept around so he can be a punching bag in a shitty gym. I'm good with that.

Haha, all of my posts got wiped from a particular Cheats site after I'd been posting there for 2 years prior to the Cheats losing to the Giants the first time around. I didn't get banned, just 600 posts completely wiped because the site couldn't handle the overload of people laughing in their cheating faces. What got my posts wiped was, "The camera wasn't operational", and "You got beat fair and square, what a concept." Don't get me wrong, I detest the Giants. It was a Pyrrhic choice both times, but I leaned towards to the better good as much as I wanted to put a plastic bag over my head. Thank you, Randy Moss, for quitting on the ball. Thank you, David Tyree for being the Bucky Dent of the NFL. Thank you, Wes Welker for a crucial drop. Fukk you, Pete Carroll for not handing off.

What was this about again?

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I've seen a few Pats fans here have respectful conversations here like @oldrover and @Patriot. I'm ok with that. Trolling another team's blog? That's a problem.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. jetophile

He's probably scrounging around for cigarette butts on the pavement of the local Gas 'N Sip right about now. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, BITCH!!! I didn't think it was that was bad, but whatever.

I'm telling you, what I eventually got permabanned for from the biggest Cheats message board there is was wildly lamer and tamer than this. Just try to say the word 'cheating'. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztttttttttttttt!!!! What makes it funnier is that it was a post about Rex Ryan. I may re-register under cheatiephile for payback one day for laughs just to see how long I last.

9. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Haha, i’m accustomed to the “F” bomb, and all kinds of profanity on these boards, no biggie, but the coarse mama jokes and the “c” word has never been allowed. Never banned a member for that, my guys took care of that. Nice to see the mods also draw the line there.

I have never used the f-bomb or flipped any one off in my life, but I sure love the “shit” word and “asshole”. Lol.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. jetophile

Eh, I'm OK with it at times. All the better to beat you with a baseball bat with. I don't necessarily think it detracts from the board. It's just get the guest.

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's worse than a personal insult when you bring in family imo. Particularly mothers and wives. You should be banned for that as a pussy...nevermind the lame assed trolling

Donttasemebro likes this.
  12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

We all know that Barkley was the target. When the Giants picked him, the Jets were devastated and settled with Sam. :p

13. jetophile

I don't cuss in public, but big potty mouth in the home here. I'm very lady like in public, but I'm sure I could put a Sailor to shame.

#93 jetophile, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    xxedge72x likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

When Baker starts destroying other Defenses and running up points for the Browns I can almost guarantee this Board will all agree we traded up for Mayfield and Darnold was our second choice.

People will start crying that Dorsey isnt our GM

15. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

What i keep hearing about Darnold that i like is that he goes through reads efficiently. When was the last time we had a QB that could do that? Chad?

I HATED when Sanchez would throw late over the middle, misreading the Defense and throwing a pick to a MLB, you know, the guy you IDENTIFY BEFORE EVERY SNAP!

Infuriating.

FJF likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm starting to go through his every snap games and what I am finding is that when he has a clean pocket with 4 rushers, a lot of times he rushes the play or loses timing.

It's when he has extra pass rushers that he can use his legs to find the open man.

The concerns about clean pocket footwork are valid.

stinkyB likes this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Shasta, you got yourself into this mess.

The post that set you off was the suggestion that the Jets "got who they wanted."

You COULD have replied: "Well, they would have said that about whoever they picked." Which is a fair enough.

But your knee-jerk reaction was different. "Pure BS," you said, implying that it was unreasonable to believe that Darnold WAS the Jets preference, which it isn't. It's entirely reasonable, and in fact probable.

Sorry, mate. You dug the hole.

#97 twown, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    xxedge72x likes this.
  18. abyzmul

He got banned for a week.

But I'm sure that when he gets back, he will take your criticisms to heart.

xxedge72x and Donttasemebro like this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Good to know. Who else is banned? Anyone else who is banned want a thrashing?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

xxedge72x, FJF, Jets69 and 1 other person like this.
  20. abyzmul

I'm probably going turdside in a few days, hopefully. This site is like stuffing a platypus up your butt and trying to fart the alphabet while it angrily tears at your intestines.

Let's fight.

xxedge72x likes this.