Who did the Jets really trade up for?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 3, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Like I said, if you believe rosen and darnold were 1,2 and the jets took one of them you have to believe that was their guy unless you are just trying to troll,which, judging by your other posts around here, is likely the case.
    So good bye troll boy.

NY Jets68, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

What's wrong with making an educated guess based on reports that come out? It's clear that they liked Darnold over Rosen and Allen. Maybe they leaked interest in taking Mayfield as a smokescreen to make the Browns take him so that they could land Darnold who may have been their guy all along.

3. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

How hard is it for you to understand that what I think and what the Jets think may be two differen't things? Guys like you seem to be the ones that can't grasp the fact that the Jets may have gotten their 2nd choice, and that may actually end up being a good thing. Yet it's inconceivable to you to even admit the possibility, you'll kick and cry and call people trolls for pointing out the obvious.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I admit that there is a possibility that the Jets may have had Mayfield as their #1 QB.

Now fuck off already, your posts are stupid.

5. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Nothing at all, look this is a thread that openly posses the question as to "who exactly the Jets trade up for.", Yet many Jet fans freak out at the very real possibility it wasn't necessarily Darnold. It's like they can bare the thought or debate that they might not have gotten the #1 guy.

6. I dont think any jet fan cares who they had #1. Darnold was at least #2 on their board & if wide spread consensus means anything the jets got the best QB prospect in the draft.Whether they had him as their #1 or not is really irrelevant but all signs point to that being the case.

Frankly if im an opposing fan convinced the jets are perpetually incompetent i d hope Darnold WAS their #1 bc if anyone is gonna get the pecking order wrong it’s the Jets.

Harpua likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So a hypothetical guess of what they COULD'VE been thinking should be considered obvious?

You've been drinkin too much shitty soda

#67 stinkyB, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

When you trade up to #3, you can't bank on getting your #1 guy. Which is why it makes sense that the Jets are just as stunned as all of us that Darnold fell to them at 3. It is clear that Rosen and Allen were below Darnold. If I had to guess, the Jets had a hard on for both Mayfield and Darnold.

Arguing who they traded up for is silly because Mac made it very clear they were comfortable with 3 players.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't mention the topic. I mentioned your stupid posts.

xxedge72x, Donttasemebro and FJF like this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

Really lame.

11. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

This thread was started by a Jet fan, "Who did the Jets really Trade up for?" Now Jet fans seem to only want one answer?

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Aside from the fact you didnt give a logistically supported answer........ just some smug douchebag troll dart

13. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

What exactly didn't I answer douche bag?

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you had the Jets taken Mayfield they would not have said they had gotten their top choice since they haven’t even said they got their top choice in Darnold even though it is just about as obvious as obvious is.

15. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

If it's that obvious then why the thread? There is easily just as good a chance that the Jets wanted and would have drafted Mayfield 1st overall if the choice was theirs. It's the hypocrisy of Jet fans like you that I laugh at when you say, "it's as obvious as obvious is that Darnold was their 1st choice." You know damn well that had it been Rosen or Mayfield, Jet fans would be running around circle jerking that they got their first choice. No matter, at this point all of them are about a 50-50 chance of being either a franchise QB, or a guy that just didn't work out.

16. PennyandtheJets

Exactly, so perhaps chill. No need to go on a bashing tirade.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Why are you torturing yourself?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s a legitimate argument as long as you also arent on record as saying rosen and darnold were the only 2 first round qbs.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So now it’s Jets fans you’re talking about and not the Jets themselves? As I’ve said all along if it was Darnold or Rosen the majority of this board would’ve been content. If it was Mayfield or Allen it would’ve been split with half loving it and half hating it.

If it was Rosen I would’ve thought they got their second choice, if it was Mayfield or Allen I would’ve thought they got their 3rd choice if two QBs went before them. As it was Darnold I think they got their first choice and yes it seems pretty darn obvious, especially when you factor the majority of the NFL had him rated 1.

FJF likes this.
  20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

QFT

FJF likes this.