Which QB do you want the Jets to Draft #3?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Mar 18, 2018.

?

What QB would you like to see drafted #3 by Jets

1. Darnold

15.7%
  2. Rosen

45.0%
  3. Mayfield

27.9%
  4. Allen

11.4%
  1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

LOL if he’s drafted by the Pats maybe

If he goes to the Jets he will need to be stretchered off to draw a flag

But seriously he’s intriguing to me but maybe it’s the Jets fan in me....I just have this feeling that in like 3 years Rosen is leading some mega concussion lawsuit vs the NFL

If anyone is leaving early it’s gotta be him...academic/snobby type from a rich medical family....not afraid to speak against the grain/status quo, concussion issues himself, etc

Or he could be the next Aaron Rodgers...who the hell knows

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

No to Rosen who has had numerous concussions and injuries, plus is not a proven leader.
    No to Allan who was one of the least accurate QB in college last year and very inconsistent at reading defenses.
    Maybe to Darnold who was my favorite QB in 2016 and could be the answer, if only he was from some college other than USC.
    YES to Mayfield who is the most accurate QB in college and the most productive. He is a brash leader and maybe a little too immature at times, but the only real knock is his height.

forevercursed likes this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

ALLEN IS THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT!!!

The other guys aren’t slouches but Allen is the best and will be the best.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This pretty much cements it for me, Allen or Rosen please

stinkyB and Walt White like this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe Darnold is an option so bring on one of the Josh’s for me. I’ll be hopeful with any of the QBs selected but don’t see any way that the Jets traded up for Mayfield.

FJF likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He's not the best QB in the draft. He lacks accuracy

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

When you look at the work the Jets continue to do around Mayfield post trade he is definitely a possibility. Be is a gifted, accurate thrower of the football. Fearless and confident

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's really difficult for me to see 4 FQBs coming out of this draft.

3 of them played 2 seasons, and the only one who played more than 2 is barely 6"1 and by the analytics report has not been asked to make NFL throws in the scheme he played in.

I believe a pocket passer should be an important criteria for Jets and only 3 of them fit the bill.

Rosen, Allen and Darnold, out of those guys if he's healthy, Rosen is the one who translates quickest into an NFL starter provided he's given the tools to work with, oline, skilled offensive players and good coaching.

#148 Red Menace, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more. I think this guy is going to bust unless he gets with a great team that doesn't need him to play right away and will be able to give him weapons and great protection. Since he is projected to some bad teams, I really don't like his chances.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

So I was talking to a friend last night, who is really into college football to get his take on the QBs. Surprisingly this is what he said. "you want allen" he said allen is the type of QB who will put a team on his back and win you the game. that he has that kind of arm and talent. He said avoid mayfield he's a garbage system QB who will never make it in the NFL. . he said he doens't like rosen, he thinks allen is a better version of rosen without the concussions or attitude issues. He likes darnold but says he makes too many bad mistakes and turnovers. He said jackson is a 50/50 shot.

his rankings
    Allen
    Darnold
    Rosen
    Jackson
    Mayfield

just figured i'd throw another POV out there for all the allen haters

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What are your friend's qualifications?

12. GasedAndConfused

just a college football fan. what are yours? lol kinda a dumb question to ask on a forum, it's not like a single person here is a professional scout

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Not being snarky when I asked. If he has some expertise then I wanted to know, otherwise he's just another opinion.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Red meat for the Allen Bros:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...xec-says-josh-allen-is-2018-nfl-drafts-top-qb

That said, this is the part that concerns me about Allen:

"With all of that said, Allen's inconsistency in throwing with anticipation was also a major culprit in his failure to reach the 57-percent completion mark in each his two years as a starter (teams typically want to see at least a 60-percent completion rate). While Allen will most definitely benefit from a huge jump in the quality of receivers he is throwing to once he enters the NFL, there is no guarantee that his anticipatory throwing will substantially improve.

Allen saw plenty of tight throwing windows in college, but the difference in the pros is that open windows close much faster and hesitations in decision-making will lead to defended passes, including interceptions. Allen's completion percentage was also hurt by taking unnecessary chances with throws. That's on Allen, not on his receivers."

How does that get better until he plays against bigger, faster competition, and doing that will be pretty ugly until/if he learns. I don't think Jets fans will have patience for that.

15. GasedAndConfused

then i apologize, too many people being snarky around there these days so i assumed the worst. I shouldn't have done that

twown and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

Not a problem...I probably should've prefaced my question with the "not snarky" comment first. Too bad things have degraded to this point though.

twown and GasedAndConfused like this.
  17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If true, this would be excellent for the Jets chances of getting Rosen:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13058/sam-darnold
    According to ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan, USC's Sam Darnold is the only quarterback the Giants would take at the No. 2 overall pick.
    It sounds like the Giants' scouting grades on Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen simply aren't high enough for GM Dave Gettleman to consider picking one of the non-Darnold quarterbacks at No. 2. Gettleman has a history of drafting running backs high -- he took Christian McCaffrey eighth overall in Carolina last year -- and he never traded down in any round of the draft during four seasons as Panthers GM. Barring Gettleman disregarding his scouts or reversing course on his historical anti-trade-down stance, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and NC State DE/OLB Bradley Chubb appear to be co-favorites to go at No. 2. Mar 23 - 1:34 PM

18. GasedAndConfused

that's the real issue sadly. I was on the defense already and shouldn't have lashed out. there really wasn't anything wrong with your comment, it was just too many people being asshats lately

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This is the same issue that Geno Smith had. Allen also runs backwards out of the pocket instead of stepping forward like Geno did. A lot of his fundamentals just seem too shaky to feel comfortable using a #3 pick on him.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

gettleman is a true wildcard. he'll find who he likes and draft them regardless of position and what he likes rarely agrees with general consensus. He is known for reaching if he really likes a prospect regardless of position or need. it's very likely he drafts someone we aren't even discussing

HomeoftheJets likes this.