Where is the plane?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jay Bizniss, Mar 10, 2014.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That would be a remarkable ending to what looks like a tragic story. Pray so.

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching all day,but have they officially acknowledged that there were members of a company that is involved with radar jamming?

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

sure it is extremely rare, but pilot suicide on a commercial flight is not unprecedented - Egypt Air Flight 990.

but what if you are a suicidal pilot that doesn't want the world knowing you committed suicide, how do you prevent that from coming to light? try and make sure the plane, and black box, are never found.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

After doing some reading I'm going to put this sad story to rest and will conclude this was a suicide mission.

The pilot(s) knocked out as well as the crew.

Plane detection switched off and flight predetermined knowing unconsciousness would occur.

Set the plane to blinding fly to the deep Indian ocean until it decides it can't go no more.

No pain is felt, no passenger saw it coming.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Forgot to include in the last post that Interpol has preliminarily cleared the Iranians using fake passports of any wrongdoing and the pilot communicated with the ground shortly AFTER turning off the transponders.

Now officials are investigating the role of a flight engineer. Investigators now believe the plane flew at an altitude below 5,000 feet to avoid radar detection.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I have got to think there is some motive here...This is looking more and more suspicious. If the plane indeed got hijacked and or kidnapped into another airspace and if there are survivors, can you imagine what the situation will look like?

Oh smokes, it would be straight out of a movie...Where was Liam Neeson on this plane?

I really hope for the families sake this was a kidnapping and they are alive...I really am hoping for some sort of plane debris to put this to rest if not

7. VanderbiltJets

Probably as meaningful as a U.S. Congressman being aboard KAL 007.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just as a side note to all of this: Al Qaeda and Iran don't go together. Al Qaeda is a Sunni terror cabal and the Iranians are Shiites. Also Iran is an ally of the Syrian government and Assad is fighting for his life right now against Al Qaeda inspired forces.

If the guys on that flight with fake passports were really Iranian and involved in the hijacking then Al Qaeda is not the driving force here. If they were Sunni's posing as Iranians, well that's a different story.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Interpol has cancelled those two guys as hijackers, they really just wanted to get into another country using fake passports

10. VanderbiltJets

Just under 10% of Iranians are Sunni, fyi.

11. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

The motive is to show how despite all these systems in place, the world is still vulnerable. They say it was the co-pilot who signed off, and two minutes later the transponder was turned off. It's likely the pilot went into the cargo hold and turned the transponder off. They then flew low enough to hide from radar, elevated to 40,000 feet to kill everyone or knock them out while wearing oxygen masks. Rolls Royce would been notified if there was an issue with the engine, but all they have done so far is confirm the plane flew for an additional 7 hours. Rolls Royce has not commented since. It's likely we know where the plane is, but are allowing the media to run wild with theories to avoid a political issue with our fragile relations with nations like Pakistan.

12. VanderbiltJets

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

A theory I had seen was that this was a dry run to see how simple they could hijack a plane but that was dismissed as the expert saying if they had the plane there were too many risks involved in not using it at the time they hijacked it.

14. Br4d

Yeah, once they've taken the plane it's just foolish not to use it for whatever purposes they had in mind. Everything that could have gone wrong on the first hijacking can still go wrong on the second and additionally the airlines will all take measures to make another occurrence harder.

I'm guessing that the pilot's ability to turn off the transponder is going to go away in a hurry when this is all sorted out.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Has anybody thought to ask this guy where the plane is?

[​IMG]

jilozzo likes this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

But on a serious note, to me from the mish mash of reports, including the pilot had a flight simulator in his living room with 6 different runs into the middle of the Indian Ocean, it's indeed looking like suicide by pilot.

Plus one of the things that got turned off required someone to go down under and pull certain circuit breakers out of an e-panel so possibly the co-pilot or someone knowledgeable was involved too. Or the pilot himself was on his way down to pull the breakers while the co-pilot was saying "Ok...Goodnight".

One more thing, Sully (the pilot who landed on the Hudson) said he'd need at least 3,500 ft to land a 777, ideally 5,000. There are over 600 runways with this length withing the big search circle, so yeah, I guess there's some chance the plane is hidden in some jungle.

Back to suicide, what if the pilot pulled a Sully and landed cleanly in the middle of the Indian Ocean? Passengers hanging out on the wings until the plane just sunk to the bottom in one piece.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

That is surprising. I would not have guessed there were 600 airports world wide to land a 777... but I am a redneck. Of course, landing, landing safely and taking off again are all different animals.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The #1 reason I think the bodies are somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean is bc no passenger on board has been able to make a phone call.

The jungle airport theory is nice, but I'm thinking a passenger would still be able to sneak a phone call before everyone is taken hostage. I was on a theory that maybe the two fake passport passengers were in cahoots and aid the take over of the plane with pilots to some remote airstrip. It just seems more and more unlikely without contact from at least one passenger. However the passengers could have been killed with the plane secured for further use in something bigger.

I'm now at 93% Indian Ocean
    5% remote airstrip (who knows where??)
    2% alien abduction (reptillians)

19. Br4d

It's just a very strange event at this point. No claim of responsibility. No suicide note or tape found. No indication that there was anything major on board as a theft target.

One thing that is a bit interesting but probably not related is that Freescale, the semi-conductor company that had 20 employees on board, is in major litigation with several parties at this point as a respondent in suits filed against them. If I were investigating this I'd at least take a look at how the people who disappeared fit into the evolving legal landscape against Freescale.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

While suicide is certainly an option and not far fetched (it wouldn't be the first) somethings about the captain don't really lead me to believe it was him. They are saying he was likely an athiest while that doesn't mean he wouldn't commit suicide it should rule out him as some Muslim extremist. I haven't seen the resports about into the middle of the ocean on his simulator only that some info had been deleted. I am reading that Australia is asking the US Navy to search one really small area about 2K miles from Perth. I also saw that Indonesia has denied that the US Navy can fly in their airspace. WTF is that all about?

Regarding the Captain he just doesn't seem to have given off any signs of someone who was planning mass homocide by killing himself. They found his facebook and he seemed to be a family man, had a passion for flying and cooking. He was always smiling and loved to build and fix things. He had a youtube video showing people common ways to fix household items.

I don't know why more focus isn't on the FO, he was the one who had people in the flight deck, he was the last one to talk to ATC. How do we know the Captain wasn't already dead when he spoke to ATC? All the focus on the captain to me seems premature and grasping at straws.

#120 Barry the Baptist, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014