When is the last time an upcoming season had such little excitement/expectations?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes actually. Same time last year: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...per-bowl-li-2016-steelers-cardinals/87509780/

wrong of course but not too terrible. for some reason they LOVED the cards . That's probably their biggest F up . And here we go agin they pick the cards at 10-6 which I think is too high for 2017.

pats aint going 16-0 and our Jets will be bad but I don't think 1-15 bad

hwismer, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ageeed

3. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

No credence until he tells us who the 1 is.

4. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

I have looked at our schedule and realisticaly we have three winnable games. Browns, jax, and a split with buff. Thats really it. My guess, we win one no one can predict.. and either one of those three or two of three. I dont see how anyone can think we are better than that. 2-14, 3-13 best case. Hello sam darnold.

5. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

You are forgetting Week 17 against New England.

6. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Just getting around to answering your response. I am 61, been a die hard Jets fan since 67. This may not be the first time we have try a "rebuild" but it hasn't been done often, that's for sure, and now is the right time. IMO, with the players on the squad and having a ton of cap money to fill a few holes next year and beyond, the future is bright for this team.. I believe in Mac, not sure about Bowles. IMO there are a lot of players on this team that have a chance to be very good. Yes the QB is questionable at this point, but I am looking forward to seeing this team play this year, maybe not so much about wins and losses this year, but solid improvement in a lot of areas.

Cman68, sec314, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

As I've kind of let the reality sink in that we are in full rebuild mode, I am beginning to accept it. I really liked our draft this year and I am sure some other young players will surprise. It will be all about the progression this year and how our players look week 17 vs week 1. We also need an identity on this team because we don't seem to have any.

NCJetsfan likes this.