When is the last time an upcoming season had such little excitement/expectations?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Jun 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this at all. I think that with Morton and Greene, and a few other of the new coaches there's no way that they will let their players give up and quit. I also think that Adams, Maye and some of the other young players who are leaders will prevent that from happening.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

How can anyone not be excited what's going on. Have to look at the big picture . Let's see the Jets build it right, where they become perennial contenders in the Afc.

You have to learn to walk, before you can run. Every week we get to see how the young players are progressing.. Rather see that , than older players who mailed it in when they realize they aren't a playoff team.

4jetfans and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You are arguing with people who want the Jets to go 10-6 or 9-7 even 8-8 because it means they have seen us win a few games, fuck the fact we have finished out of the play offs once more, it doesn't matter, they haven't wasted their hard earned cash on defeats.

4jetfans, TonyFtLaud and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep... They want to feel what us older Jet fans feel. They want the Jets to stay mediocre. Its been 49 years for some of us fans since the SB, but its only been 7 years since the "legendary" back to back AFCCG appearances so they have to catch up. Head on down to the Dept. of Futility on the corner of 7 and 9. Plenty room and a long wait.. a VERY LONG wait.

5. K'OB

Well it worse for me as I missed the super bowl but got all of the shit, bar a handful of cruelly promising seasons to keep you hoping lol

TonyFtLaud and Cman68 like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Memories of the Kotite years !!!
    I am thinking if gambling or draft kings / fan duel are not your thing maybe its time to take up fishing ? This year by all accounts will be a train wreck !

4jetfans and sec314 like this.
  7. K'OB

If that was to me... ?

Train Wreck.

I am all in for the rebuild, bring it on and let us see if we can make a future to look forward to I say :)

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This is the first time I can ever remember having absolutely no optimism or excitement for a up and coming season, I don't even engage with all the Pats fans at work, and judging by the majority of the threads being created on this board in not alone.

westiedog1 and boozer32 like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No that was not directed at you it was to all,,,,but I cannot lie the Fishing reference was directed at CMAN

Cman68 likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Last year when we resigned fitz.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm expecting that by the time October rolls around, the Jets have at least one or two QBs on IR, and probably at least one riding the bench for stinking up the joint. It's hard to keep a team motivated when you're on your 4th or 5th starting QB. It's even harder when your HC is a stoic like TB.

Yankjetfan likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and then 0-16 in the regular season.

I expect the Jets to have some really swingy periods between the opening of camp and the midpoint of the season. There will be moments when we think they're better than they are, moments when we think they're just terrible and a few where different people think the polar opposite thoughts at the same time.

An early win or two in the regular season will set everybody on edge. The last month of the season will seem like an eternity as most of the fan base roots for losses to ensure that whomever seems the best next year is likely to be a Jet instead of a Brown or a 49er.

It's going to be a rollercoaster ride for most of us with 4-12 being the ultimate derailment if that's what we wind up at again. The 6 pick is getting old at this point.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Far less frustrating than the Jets at this point!

CBG likes this.
  14. K'OB

I thought the fishing part was him lol but the rest seemed to be a reply to my post, been misreading a lot of replies recently, maybe I need a holiday, oh it has been a whole 6 days since I got back from Spain goddamn :(

15. K'OB

Indeed but in all fairness we have used it extremely well, or if you want the truth we have had one of the best players in the draft fall in our laps two years on the spin.

Me I would prefer to pick number 1 but it is more about getting a good choice in the later rounds, we may be able to select some second round talent with our third round selection, hmm maybe that isn't the best idea judged on our second round selections in the past lol

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

WTF is wrong with you girls......there should be plenty of excitement to get THE franchise style QB.

tooooon, CBG, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  17. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Maybe the D can inflict the Madden curse on Brady. That would be exciting

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I've actually had this discussion with a few of the guys I tailgate with and I've said a couple of times this offseason that I can't remember going into a season where I was this down or had such a "Whatever" feeling. Unless Hackenberg is playing Week 1, there isn't much to look forward to or get excited about, outside of seeing if we can have a legitimate S for once in Adams & to see if MoWilk rebounds. Powell will be fun to watch, too, if he isn't dealing with 8 and 9 men in the box.

I've been watching this team since I was 7 in 1995 and I can't remember a more depressing offseason. Maybe that will mean the season will be a lot of fun, but I doubt it.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fuck it all. What's there not to be excited about? We are fielding a young team with hope and untapped talent if nothing else. We are at least no longer a "dead man walking team" with Fitz at the helm and Revis leading a zombie defense.
    Goodbye to not taking chances and hello to youth. There is more excitement in loosing with fun and an aggressive group with a future than to miander with an over the hill, over paid set of not good enough to go all the way players.

hwismer, themorey, TonyFtLaud and 3 others like this.
  20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I got to see the superbowl on friend's 19" black and white tv in his basement. As far as I'm concerned we have been rebuilding ever since and I am amazed there are people who think rebuilding is a good thing. I don't really care if Tannenbaum is here or not anymore but I know when he was here he did everything he could every year to try and win. The current asshole and his predecessor could care less about winning.