What's wrong with our HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LV Coach, Dec 31, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The bold is probably true but let's not forget that Bowles is also an idiot. Who's to say Hack hasn't closed the gap between him and Petty or even surpassed him? Bowles has not done anything to give me confidence that he would make the right decision on anything.

abc, boozer32, tomdeb and 1 other person like this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We are a team in need of a franchise QB for what over 50 years?If Hack had any potential whatsoever he would be on the field.I get it that the fans would like to see for themselves but unfortunately we may not get to.Jets fans have an obsession with scrub backup QBs and thridstringers.We have a ton of cap space I say draft a QB if you can but also try and sign Cousins or Bridgewater.I think if we add the right peices this off season we will make the playoffs and possibly compete for the division.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Keeping Hackenberg on the bench all year is Bowles/MM's adaption of the expression:
    "Better to keep your mouth closed and have people THINK you're an idiot (Hack on bench),
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (play Hack)!

NYJetsO12, boozer32, LV Coach and 2 others like this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I would be glad to tell you what Is wrong

I need 20 minutes uninterrupted and it has to be private

The one hint I will give you

“Forrest Gump”

5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Simple really to me, Bowles has always been extremely concerned with the perception of jets losses. When we played denver and were down 23-0, Bowles opted to punt the ball away because he was scared of it backfiring and the jets being outscored even more.

Agains the pats, down 21-3 he opts to punt the ball again. Why? Because we were getting our asses handed to us but we would have been scored on again had we not converted.

Bowles coaches scared and even if we had the best QB in the league, Bowles would still coach extremely conservatively. Always having an eye out for perception. Also, this also proves to me that he doesn't even care about being on the hot seat. He made the same decisions with or without a contract extension.

Also, coming out of the half the sideline reporter said Bowles thinks the key to the game is to run the ball - DOWN 21-3.....If that's not a delusional approach to being aggressive and competing in a football game, idk what is.

Bowles is back for next season, but unless he drastically alters his approach to coaching this team, I can't see us being able to overcome teams that have superior coaching.

Coaching matters in the NFL, Bowles is just mediocre IMO

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You give him too much credit.

NYJetsO12 and alleycat9 like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is my biggest gripe with Bowle's post game pressers....He won't comment on even the most basic game observation until he's had time to "Look at the tape". NFL should ban HCs from even using that piss ass poor excuse for commenting on the game everyone just watched. Bowles acts like he wasn't even at the game....

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude I stared at my television in disbelief for 9 minues after he kicked that FG....wtf is he doing???

NYJetsO12, alleycat9 and boozer32 like this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Mediocre? That is giving Bowles way too much credit. Mediocre would have had the Jets with a winning record this year. He coaches to lose. Its like he was a plant to keep us bad. We can do that all by ourselves thank you very much. We don't need aa moron doing to our faces.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You might be right about the underlying motivation in Bowles's thinking, but really it doesn't matter WHY...the fact is that he's a bad coach, and frankly I don't care why. Moreover, even if he knew why he still wouldn't change. He's gotten to this point by being the way he is, and he's not going to change until that way no longer works for him. Since he got his extension, it's obviously still working.

But his way is the way of failure, and sooner or later it will catch up with him. Unfortunately for we fans we're going to have to wait until that happens. He's not a good coach, but he is good at saving his own neck. He should know however that even the cockiest rooster finds his neck on the block eventually.

NYJetsO12 and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You notice Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly are nowhere to be found. They are responsible for this mess. If I saw either one on the street I'd throat punch em. Can't fault Woody for their input. He tried a different approach from some guys who been around. I wished they would have waited on Quinn. Nobody else would have hired Bowels.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I truly believe Bowles coached the way he did the last month for draft positioning. There is no other reason to explain it. I think he is a terrible coach as I have said many times, but not this bad. It's an odd/terrible strategy, as it does not teach the young players to try to win, but what can you do? Fire him? Nope. Extend him? Yep. That's Jets football. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

boozer32 likes this.
  13. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Look at the tape......
    My god what is so hard about watching a game and remembering every high point or low point.
    He stands there listening to both coordinators, is he stupid?
    He may need to see who screwed this up or that up, on a particular play away from the ball, but surely he watches the action around the ball?
    I'm betting he is simple and slow witted like Benjamin Buford Blue.
    You reckon he is brothers with Forrest Gump?

Footballgod214 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

I looked at the tape. I saw an overly conservative coach, the team looked abysmal. Romo was praising them for keep Bowles? Won't even put Hack in when the game is effectively over and is meaningless anyway? Better luck next year.

I think it shows a lot that Pittsburgh didn't play their starters today, pretty much showed they had zero confidence in the Jets ability to beat New England,

NYJetsO12, KurtTheJetsFan and abc like this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The one thing we have in common with the Browns we both keep our coaches ... what a disgrace ...

abc likes this.
  16. abc

abc Well-Known Member

What's wrong with our HC?

lots :(

17. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha... don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. :)

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Quinn was the guy recommended, don't blame Wolf and Casserly on the bonehead play made by Johnson. Still, though they also recommended the moron sitting i8n the GM seat so you can blame them for that. Maybe that isn't even right, seems there were others they recommended but all of them turned the job down.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I’m not trying to excuse the way he is. I didn’t want him back but I have accepted that he will be back for next season.

Ultimately, he will either have to change or the jets will be under performers next season. His approach will continue to plague this team if he doesn’t change.

I also don’t expect him to change but for his benefit I hope he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Somebody has to buy this Team from thos e two poor excuses of owners..

I say Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi get some of their own $ and other big money.from Wall Street ..hey Larry David is a Jet fan maybe he wants in ahahahahahah!!!!

New Years Day and I am totally depressed with this farce of a Team

boozer32 likes this.