What would you think off this offseason?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chad2coles, Mar 7, 2006.

1. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

1) Trade Abraham and our 3rd round pick to Detroit for #9 overall.
    2) Trade #4 overall and our 4th round pick to Arizona for #10 overall and 2nd round pick.

Draft:
    Rd 1 -
    9) DT Ngata
    10) TE Davis

Rd 2 -
    34) C Mangold
    41) RT Scott/O'Callaghan/Colledge (one will be available)

Our blocking will be much better at guard, (Kendall replacing Goodwin) center, (Mangold replacing Kendall) and tackle (Fabini being replaced). Vernon Davis has a chance to be a real playmaker at TE that will take pressure off of Pennington and the other receivers. If everyone picks up the system, our offense could be really good.

On defense, if we switch to a 3-4, picking Ngata is a no brainer. DE Ellis NT Ngata DE Robertson would be a monster line. We probably need to add another linebacker, and Justin Miller will have to step up at CB, but I think that would be a pretty solid defense.

I don't see us winning a superbowl or anything, but we have solid lines on each side of the ball as well as a few playmakers. Its a good start towards building a contender.

2. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I love Ngata's upside, but I think the Jets would be better off grabbing Maake Kemoeatu in free agency and using the 9th overall pick (based on your scenario) on something else (Deangelo Williams/Lendale White/Winston Justice). Kemoeatu would be a huge body in the middle ( 6-5,350), is young (27) and has a non stop motor. He's not a Sack machine, but he'll stop the run, and will demand a lot of attention.

I like the Davis pick. I think he's going to be a sick tight end. Would love to see him in Jets green.

It's more than likely Mangold will not be there when we're up in the second round. He may go to Denver at 29, or the Saints may take him right before us. If so, we would be wise to grab a guy like Max Jean-Gilles (OG-Georgia), or Taitusi Lutui (OG-USC) in the second round.

#2 EvilClownFace, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Mangold is a center, not guard

4. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

No one said he was a guard.

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

sorry, misread the top comment, knid of confusing how there is a comma after center than the nplayers in parenthasese

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Great post. It's going to happen! The Jets will make all those moves and get all those players for sure!