What would Trevor Siemian cost?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 17, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

My gut tells me Elway will bring in Tony Romo and keep the first rounder Paxton Lynch to develop behind him.

Siemian doesn't get a lot of good press, but I thought he was solid when his offensive line gave him time to throw. People want to give up a first for McCarron who has proven even less in this league,

If available do you think we could get him for a 4th round pick a la Tebow?

2. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Denver has already said they are not interested in Romo.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/17/tony-romo-denver-broncos-john-elway-trade-leverage-game/

Even so, I wouldn't trade more than a 6th for Siemian,,, What exactly did he prove other than he couldn't lead last years SB champs to even the post season?

Being in Boston and having no choice than listening to Tom Brady blow jobs over the radio, I started thinking today about what I would be willing to give up for Jimmy G.

Obviously the chances of that happening are closer to none than slim... But I think I would trade our 1st rounder for him. I really liked what I saw from him in the games he played, and I am starting to get that crazy for a good QB.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sieman has starting experience and is locked up for the next two years. He gets $628K this year and $718K next year. If the Broncos would take a day three pick, bringing him in to our QB derby would be a good idea.

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Not sure I would give a first for him, but I like your thinking regarding the QB. What we saw in the beginning of the year was impressive, but this is Garappolo's third season behind Brady, plenty of time to master the NE offensive scheme. Makes me cautious about bringing someone like him into a new offense and expecting similar results. Could be another Matt Cassels. Also, don't forget he was injured after the second game.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The thing with Brady is that no one knows when he'll retire. If the Patriots feel that he's going to retire within the next year or two then they won't get rid of Garappolo. Even still, when you have a QB that's up there in age, you never know if he'll get one hit and miss a season. Either way, I'd be shocked if the Pats get rid of him and it'd be even more shocking if he wound up on the Jets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Patsies will trade Garoppolo. He's a FA at the end of next year. Either that, or they will have to trade Brady.

There is the Bill vs the Jets factor, but offering our #1 will overcome all that. And a #1 pick for a chance at our future QB is not an overpayment.

We just need to be sure about whether we want him. That, I don't quite know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Do you really want to give the Patriots another first round pick?

How will we ever beat those guys if we feed the beast?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be willing to give anything up, except maybe a future low draft pick. He's not really that good, maybe even not as good as Petty or Geno. Signing Geno wouldn't cost us anything other than money. I'd rather see what it would take to maybe get Matt Barkley from the Bears.

James Hasty likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

belicheck's asst coaches and back up qbs don't do jack shit once they leave the mother ship. i'd expect jimmy g to follow that trend.

Jonathan_Vilma and James Hasty like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Matt Barkley? You can't be serious!!! He has no arm and is awful. Give me Geno,Taylor, about any other QB in the NFL over Barkley.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

How could they be expected to do anything once they leave the cheating culture there that is endorsed by the ownership and coaches?

FJF likes this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jethro. Stop. Semen was the driving force behind Broncos' misery. You want that here in NY?

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It seems every time the Jets do business with Denver, the Broncos get the better of the deal, so I say no to any dealings with the Broncos for a while.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we do seem to enjoy misery

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Did you watch the games? Their oline was atrocious. Denver probably had the worst offensive line in the NFL

16. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I'd go for Barkley or Massive Dick Nassib before Semen.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And Jets have Oh-So-Powerful OL, amirite or what?

#Say_No_to_FUCKING_SEMEN

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You've forgotten the Matt Robinson trade. Robinson was pretty bad for the Jets, yet Denver gave us their 1st and 2nd round picks, and threw in QB Craig Penrose.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

His numbers are eerily similar to Glennon.

One guy was throwing the ball to dudes that work at Home Depot now and no offensive line (40 sacks) or running game (3.6ypc for season), and the other guy had 2 pro-bowl caliber starters and no offensive line (31 sacks) or running game (3.6ypc for season).

One costs money, and the other would cost a draft pick.

13 247 416 59.4 2,608 6.3 19 9 83.9
    14 289 486 59.5 3,401 7.0 18 10 84.6

20. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

They re-signed Winters to a top 10 contract so obviously, he is now a top 10 guard. Championship!