What was Bowles biggest accomplishment in his 4 years here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Being the harsh disciplinarian that turned around the careers of Donahue, Lee, Stewart, Robinson, Anderson, Wilkerson and Richardson when their actions may have turned into tardiness and NFL suspensions if left unchecked.

I’d run through a wall for the talentless, unemotional, ill-prepared Head Coach.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Going 10-6 with Fitz at the helm was impressive, but the receivers were stacked that year.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Easy there, cowboy. Lou Holtz and his fight song disagree.

KurtTheJetsFan and nycarl like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That collapse vs. Buffalo did Physco proud. Ugggggggggggghhhhhh, my retinas are still on fire. PAIN. Like I always say, I regret that I'm getting cremated because that's all it would say on my tombstone. "Born 1964 - PAIN".

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles biggest accomplishment is securing a 2 year extension for himself and his equally incompetent GM after consecutive 5-11 seasons. Seriously, losing more than 2 of every three games for 2 years in a row and getting a two year extension?

6. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Winning against the Pats to end the 2018 season,screwing draft selection and convincing the fo that he needs one more yr

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Proving that doing pushups doesn't do jack shit as a motivator for discipline...

8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The Kotite Jets in his second and final season had the lead in the fourth quarter in ten games and lost everyone one of them. Kotite must have done something right for the first three quarters why did he not keep it going in the fourth quarter it's hard to figure. He did really well in Philly in his first two seasons there.

Todd toilet biggest accomplishment was starting Darnold from the first game on and getting him NFL ready already. Some thought that he should have sat most or the whole season. Toilet did something that you wouldn't expect from him here.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You really can't get your head around a losing season during a rebuild, no wonder they never tried to do one earlier.

10-6 - with a team of vets 5-11- mostly the same team but say hello to shit Fitz, 5-11- team shorn of any vet talent and a true rebuild started and the damned accomplishment was winning 5 fucking games with that squad, only pleasing the W's at all cost brigade but nearly costing us our FQB, 4-11 ? - everybody is in agreement that this squad is shit but are then shocked to find we have only won 4 games with it, at least one game too many yet again and we still have fans screaming for one more win.

Bowles needs to go but not for his losing record, his incompetence on the sidelines and his selection of OC's are a far bigger inditement of his time in charge than losing seasons during a rebuild.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

“The best 4-12 team ever” or something to that effect. That season sucked.

That said in the here and now, I feel like Bowles is worse. I’m more invested and watch the all 22 from time to time and Bowles teams are ill prepared, undisciplined, and they’re way more cocky then they should be for what they’ve accomplished. I get that they need to celebrate good plays etc, but it’s like they forget that they’re going to find a way to lose in the end.

I also agree that the best thing he did was start Darnold. Shame for him that Sam put everything together to late to save his job...but great for us. I truly think Sams play late in the season may have turned us into a choice destination for the list of available HC candidates.

11. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say your giving him too much credit on that. He had no say or choice, that was from upstairs. If he had his choice he play Josh all year.

12. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Letting Geno get socked in the face.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That fake punt last week was Bowles' biggest accomplishment. Of course the drive failed right after, giving Rodgers the ball back, and he eventually won the game for the Packers in OT. Pretty much Bowles' tenure in a nut shell.

K'OB likes this.
  14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

DING DING DING DING!!!

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

lasting this long with that stooge he calls a DC....

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

His first season was pretty good. Other than that, nothing.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Which is why I despise the Owners and who leave us with no certainties come Monday January 7th 2019

tomdeb likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Getting an extension

tomdeb likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He did take pressure off slackers everywhere by telling a nation of employers that sometimes guys just get to work late - it's no big deal.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Hilarious charting that he had a lead in 10 games. That is the most worthless stat ever because bottom line he couldn't close the deal. Let's look at your resume. I see you almost won 10 games. That is something never asked on a job interview. Owners are looking for people that can get you to the game. Not almost won folks. Those coaches are hired by the Jets exclusively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.