What type of fiasco is this "Jets boarding pass " ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

there is a positive from all this: fans of the visiting team will save a ton of money buying unsold tickets on the secondary market.

they will have enough money left over to pay for a trip to see " hamilton" .........:rolleyes:

CBG likes this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

soooooo glad i didn't get a PSL. was real close but did not pull the trigger. went to 2 games last year getting tickets on the secondary and wasn't a huge expense. will repeat that this year likely regardless if the team wins any games or not.

Frenbar and CBG like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jilozzo,,,,tickets should be dirt cheap this year on the secondary market !

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Same here - I go to 2 or 3 games a year, PSL is a total ripoff.

5. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Yes, I received too. They have made PSL worthless. Last year they were offering open seats to STH's without any PSL charge having

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Here was what I received. [​IMG]

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Yes, exactly......see my post. It's infuriating.

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I like how they say "unlocks the chance to sit in a different seat." Like that's something that all Jet fans have coveted from the beginning and now they can finally get it! "Jet games would be so much better if only I found out at the last minute which seat I was sitting in." Good Madison Ave. copy.

9. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

It's called greed by f##%kin Woody. I dropped my tix......even still owe PSL. They are ripping us off for crap talent and a wish. If I go to any game ever again i will buy online. PSL is worthless now

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I wonder how much a boarding pass was on the Titanic?

11. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Honestly! How many people will buy this 'pass' without knowing the location of the seats they will sit in until two hours before game time????

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Imagine being so miserable that you're complaining about this.

13. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Not sure your point? Are you a season ticket holder?

14. BroadwayAaron

Yes. But does that even matter? They are putting out a program that is no better or worse than any other program thats been put out there to urge people to buy tickets. Who cares? The fact that some people are taking this and holding it against the franchise like it matters in the big picture whatsoever is just sad. But that's what this place is 90% of the time.

15. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

I respect that. However, what is the big picture of this organization? Wait until Brady / Belichick retire? And keep putting out a mediocre product? For many long tenured fans, its time the Jets organization put up a contender or sell to another owner that will. Taking our money every year, jacking up prices last season, and paying for preseason tix? How much cap space did we have unused? I love the game...and bleed green, but enough is enough already. While across town......

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that is the problem, all the programs are dog shit and have been for the past 10 years. really they have been since woody got there and started raising ticket prices 10 percent a year.

people are mad because they are getting fucked and the assholes who fucked them are simply coming up with dumber cockamamie bullshit to try to sucker anyone into coming to the shit box of a stadium they built to watch the shit box of a team they will put on the field this year. so go ahead and continue to send them the check every year. meanwhile the rest of us will be pissed off at a franchise that has shit in our cereal.

sec314 and sickandtired like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

Honestly? Yes, probably. Or just try and get lucky like the folks across town did. But if getting lucky were that easy more teams would have done it by now besides the Giants and Ravens.

Welcome to New York my friend. Is this your first rodeo? Knicks, Jets, Giants, Rangers, Mets, Yankees... prices are absurd. They always will be. No amount of losing will ever change that because these teams are tourist attractions. People travel to this part of the country with a Jet game on a Sunday built in as part of their vacation. I know people that do it, and considering games are pretty damn close to packed even when terrible, you have all the proof you need.

If you're getting mad at a BUSINESS trying to get people to buy their product, then you're just wanting to be mad. That's the point of every single business. Jesus Christ the Nets were giving away tickets with happy meals at one point, and you think this is bad?

sickandtired likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't knock it, man. Those dudes outside the Richard Rodgers Theatre really know how to throw a tailgate!

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Seriously? You are buying tickets without even being told where you are sitting until 2 hours before kickoff and you don't think that's worse than any other program? I have some swamp land and bridges for sale you might like.

20. BroadwayAaron

Yes, seriously. If you pay for a season's worth of tickets you are paying LESS than what it costs for season tickets. It even says right in the article that you're guaranteed to exceed the face value of the tickets you receive if you attend every game. If you're a fan that just wants to be in the building for the atmosphere and the experience, it's kind of smart purchase. You are spending LESS money than if you buy season tickets in which every seat is up in the nosebleeds.

Business my friend.