What type of fiasco is this "Jets boarding pass " ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Jun 15, 2017.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If this is posted somewhere else feel free to delete this thread . Just got an e mail from the Jets but I honestly did not read the entire thing as nowadays I usually delete e mails from the Jets without opening but the gist of this one is to send the Jets money and you can sit in a different seat location each week,,,LMAO.
    In days of yesterday this would have been impossible but I guess when there are so many empty seats on game day it is possible to move fans around each week,,,,,maybe I have it wrong but did anyone else get the e mail or know more about it ?

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^What?! Hahahaha. So on top of being a STH they want you to pay for the opportunity to play musical chairs?! Does that mean 20,000 people bailed? WTH?! I'll check my email later and report back. . .

OK, just checked and as of yet, I don't have anything like that.

[​IMG]

^The most recent one I have is this from a couple of hours ago (and other ones with the usual plugs to buy Jets gear). Yep, I'm on it, purchasing a single game suite from the UD to impress my clients and reward my employees, haha.

3. jetophile

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

purchase a $15,000 game day suite for a team that a good college team can beat and we'll give you $1,500 off plus a $500 food credit. Good luck trying to fill the suite with live bodies.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so where are the going to sit you and possibly 4 buddies ? Upstairs in gods country or downstairs ? Also if they do sit you downstairs won't that piss off the guy next to you who purchased a cockamamy PSL ?
    Whats next ,,,,,,?

sickandtired likes this.
  6. jetophile

7. jetophile

This in NOT for STHs, that's why I didn't get the email. Basically the Jets are offering people the opportunity purchase all 10 games (as if pre-season are actually games) for the season with various seats that people dropped. $725 for an entire season?! There has to be a catch, but if not, tell me, WTH am I doing paying almost 3 grand? I just might be signing up for this bait and switch after 2017, but rest assured "Maybe even the front row!" means you'll be sitting in the crappiest seats in the house with perhaps one exception. However, if I was a PSL holder, I'd be foot-stomping mad. I should call my rep tomorrow to hear the fine print, because reading the fine print wasn't entirely helpful. Watch it backfire, and people who paid 25K per PSL start bailing for $725. Please, God, please, I'll be your best friend. GO JETS!

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JETO my gut feeling is these people are going to be put upstairs each week ,,,,maybe by front row they mean front row of the upper deck ? Nothing would surprise me with these bastards ! If anyone talks to a rep or gets info please share ,I am sure many are curious .

9. jetophile

So $725 makes it $72.50 per ticket. For a second I thought it was $7.25. Funny, no mention of parking passes, haha. What's that smell? It ain't victory, but it's definitely desperation.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You know, I'm curious enough to show my complete ignorance...

So I know I can get decent tix for 300 per game. Add some food, parking and for 8 home game I'll spend... let's say 3.5K to be generous. This is buying online.

From what I read here, season package will run x5 times more if I had PLS.
    This math confuses bejesus outta me.

If these ## are correct, why would anyone pay so much more , is there something extra season tix giving you?

From Jets, why are they pricing so high, don't they understand it'll drive people to ditch the season tix and go thru online? And why they are somehow right and people still keep PLS?

The economics completely escapes me here. I gotta be missing something in this picture, right?

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Pretty soon the Jets will have to pull an anti-United and drag PSL holders into the stadium. :eek:

[​IMG]

Royal Tee and Cman68 like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So if there's a game the out-of-towners are coming to you get to sit up with the pigeons; if nobody wants to go to the game you get shoved downstairs to hide an empty seat from the cameras.

Jets81 and Peebag like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edit: Sorry. Wrong thread.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I want to sit in Bowels seat ...he never shows up anyway:D

Wahoo likes this.
  15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

They're charging each person $745 to sit in the 300's for AT LEAST 7 or 8 out of the 10 games. Overall, if you attend all 10, you might get LL or Mezz seats for 2-3 games, I'm assuming both Preseason games and they'll throw you a bone for 1 Regular Season game.

Not worth it. Buy on the second hand market.

Feel bad for those who still have PSL's who will see these guys sitting in the same seats for a few games a year, if not better seats, than they are and paying $2,000 less per year and no PSL. That'll be a great feeling.

CBG likes this.
  16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Impressive. Last year it was only $1,500 off the seat and $500 credit or $500 gift card. No $500 food & beverage card. Now let me find that $8,500 for a single game suite I have laying around somewhere.

CBG likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

"I must be in the front row"

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS!!!

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they make me sick to my stomach.

CBG likes this.
  20. jetophile

New Jets sales pitch when your invoice is due. I forgot to share it back in April.