what round you would consider joe mixon?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Jan 30, 2017.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Before the incident was made public, I thought the Mixon was a beast and one of the best RBs in this draft, talent wise I still love his ability. My opinion of Mixon's talent hasn't changed.

It was an unfortunate incident, no man should ever hit a woman under ANY circumstances. I saw the video, she was the one who was more aggressive and struck him first, it's very sad Mixon hit her back.

This incident will drop his stock, right or wrong some teams will take him entirely off their board. Some teams will pass on him because they don't want the "PR" headache from the media, women's rights groups and some fans. Should have been a 1st Rd pick, I say he will go in Rd 2.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That isn't justification for taking one of them. Let the scumbags play on other teams.

3. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Like the Patriots? They had Hernandez...... he murdered a person..... think they regret having him? They don't..... he helped them win......

4. NCJetsfan

I'm sorry that you're willing to sell your soul to win. I'm not.

I'm sure they probably don't regret having Hernandez. Obviously, winning means more to them than doing the "right thing." If it didn't, they wouldn't have been involved in all these scandals.

5. cbman13

In the NFL, your selling your soul for something...... why not to win...... cause in the NFL, every team that's ever won something has had players like this guy.... Michael Irvin, Lawrence Thomas, Aaron Hernandez, Ben Rothlesburger, and countless others..... questionable character in a NFL locker room is common place..... football doesn't attract the nicest guys in the world.....

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets already sold their soul to the devil when Namath guaranteed the Superbowl. Jets have no soul. Nothing to lose.

Draft this beast.

iJet, Joey Jett and FJF like this.
  7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

8. 101GangGreen101

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Mixon will be a Cowboy. Book it.

10. RubenDias

i doubt that they invitested a 4th overall pick on elliot. On the other hand Mixon would be a star behind that offensive line.

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Mixon won't get drafted until the 3rd or 4th rd.

12. RubenDias

I think his talent will make him go in the 2nd round .

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Patriots certainly are not a good barometer for morality.......they have no scruples at all.

Mixon has demonstrated low character, and has shown he is prone to terrible decisions.
    that's not the type of player you rebuild around.
    Pass..

14. cbman13

You and everyone else saying don't draft this guy, deserves the way this team has been playing...... you draft for talent, not for morals...... you want morals? Go to church on sunday..... you want to win a football game? Take ylthe best talent you can find.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Why aren't the members posting here that Mixon shouldn't get drafted, don't want him on the team , protesting Enunwa being on the Jets. You all loved Marshall in 2015. Is beating your wife acceptable ?
    This is football. We're not signing guys to be role models. We had that guy, Tebow. I'm sure none of you want him back.
    I don't advocate hitting women in any way , I also don't advocate woman hitting a man.
    There was a whole lot that went on outside before Mixon hit her. Not justifying his actions, but when you mix youth, alcohol, racial slurs and then her hitting him , mistakes are made.

16. NCJetsfan

It's not just about morals, but also character. If the Jets were a veteran team with a lot of leaders, had a strong HC and were a playoff contender, you take a chance on a kid like Mixon, and trust that your veterans will keep him in line and help mold his character. On a team like the Jets that is young, searching for its identity, has a weak HC and few, if any real leaders, imo it's stupid. It's asking for trouble.

It also brings back the circus atmosphere. Some of you guys deserve Rex and a low-class, circus atmosphere where your team is the laughingstock of the league. SMH

xxedge72x likes this.
  17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd draft this kid in a hot minute

18. 101GangGreen101

Forte / Powell would be a good mentor for him in terms of professionalism and maturity. Maybe Curtis Martin comes by sometime too.

19. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

NFL Netowk on Path to the draft yesterday were saying that Joe Mixon is bar far the best RB in this class, a good one at that. I would take him with our 2nd 3rd rd pick.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

No way he gets passed the 2nd rd.