What is the status on Ricky Williams?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by greenthumb, Apr 16, 2006.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Does anyone know what Ricky's Status is?

[​IMG]

2. SMoss89

SMoss89 New Member

Out for the season I heard on PTI.

3. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

What a burn out...the guy jsut thre away millions.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

There was an arbitration hearing last week, and unless I'm wrong, the arbitrator has yet to issue his decision. But, yes, unless that decision comes down and overturns things, his violation comes with a one-year suspension.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wonder what he'd do for a whole year without football?

6. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

ricky williams
    just a hunch

7. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

check out my avatar, there is his status

8. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

The guy really must like reefer. What a waste of talent though. IMO, he was one of the coolest looking RB's.

[​IMG]

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did they say what the reason for his test failure was? Officially? Because in all fairness to Ricky, he could receive a failure for showing up late to pee. I wouldn't automatically assume he came up positive.

10. Sundayjack

I read that he did test positive, but, strangely, it wasn't marijuana, it was some kind of amphetamine. His defense is that, yes, he's used drugs in the past, but never THIS type of drug.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14305842.htm

11. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I wonder too...

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

12. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Common over the counter cold, asthma, allergy remedies, and diet pills all can show as a false positive for amphetamines. However, even if he has a horrible cold and is dying to go to Walgreens he can't. He is a member of the Miami dolphins and in compliance with the NFL abuse program he should have gone through the team doctors, with everything logged just in case anything like this were to happen.

I would imagine they're somewhat flexible with consideration to the Substance tested positive for and the history of the player - thus the Privacy Ricky should have been granted.

The fact that this was leaked hurts Ricky's chances tremendously IMO, You've got a very high profile player who could be argued as the NFL's poster child during the recent Steroids drug testing fiasco proffessional sports has recently undergone. And the NFL doesn't want to set a precedent that every player coming down the same pike has the Ricky situation to argue that they should be cleared. That would be disastrous to the league's policy.

The deeper I look into the situation the dimmer I think it looks for Ricky. I personally feel his chances of returning next year are slim, and that's unfortunate. I'd like to think he'd have an opportunity to sue the league in regards to his privacy being leaked, but the drug policy is protected by collective bargaining, and that would make it very difficult to sue. I'd imagine the courts would prefer not to interfere, generally speaking, with collective bargaining agreements, unless there is a clear and egregious violation of civil rights.

And I don't think it's that clear.

13. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Technically, that's not a defense. If he can't provide indisputable proof that this violation of the Substance abuse program was in fact a false positive he's screwed. In this perticular case, he's guilty until proven innocent.

We should not forget that there are many, many supplements legal in the U.S and other countries that are banned by the NFL.

14. Sundayjack

Isn't Ricky's latest thing all about New Age, natural, healing? You know, taking dandelion root for sniffles, followed by a pink crystal on your forehead for an hour?

I'll bet you he beats this one. I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He just scored an ounce, he's good for a while. :up:

16. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

He says it must have been that holistic medicine he is taking that caused the positive test. In all fairness he has always been frank and honest in regards to his drug use. So I believe him, as he has not lied about these things in the past. Whether or not you agree with his decisions or not, he has not lied about it.

17. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

He is probably smoking pot wishing he never came back to the nfl, The guy is joke ad a horrible teammate. is it 4:20 yet?

18. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Ok....:rolleyes:

19. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

That he was my friend, that he was.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

As Ricky Williams waits to hear whether the NFL will accept or deny his latest appeal of a failed drug test, the Dolphins also are waiting to make some tough decisions of their own. Having already traded away picks in the second, fifth and sixth rounds -- with a pick in the first round unlikely to be used on a running back -- the Dolphins probably would need to use a third-round pick to acquire a back at all worthy of competing with Sammy Morris.
    -- Palm Beach Post

He is still waiting to find out.