What is J Abe?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Barry the Baptist, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I asked this in another Forum but I made it too drafty so now dealing with Abe.

I have to ask myself a few questions.

A) Who would give up anything for Abe?

B) What would they give up for him?

C) How much is our bargaining power hurt by the fact that everybody knows we can't sign him and he wants out of NY?

My analysis; J Abe is a dynamic player when healthy he is one of the best DE's in the league. I think Dallas is a place Abe would like to be along with San Diego or could KC even be a possibilty? That being said I don't think teams are going to give up a whole lot for a high risk, reward player. I also think we are going to be hurt by the fact that he wants out of NY. Think what did Philly give up for TO and what did Oakland give up for Moss? Remember nobody was willing to give up a 2nd rounder fo Edge nor Shawn Alexander. I think we are extremely lucky if we get a low 2nd rounder for Abe. More likely a mid 2nd round pick for Abe.... IMO it's a better opton to try to clean up the cap mess and sign Abe long-term.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

we should get about 1 first rounder for him but thats about it....either that or a bundle of picks....maybe a 2nd, 3rd, 4th...lets just see...hes all but gone

3. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

noone is going to give up a 1st or 2nd rounder and then have to sign him to some ridiculous high number long term deal the entire nfl is under the salary cap rules not just the Jets

4. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Yeah. That and Abe is incredibly overrated by the Jets fans. He's not the top DE in the league, he's top 10, maybe even top 5. That pass rush need isn't nearly as difficult to fill as people want to make it out to be. First round picks usually work well atleast for a few years. We could draft Mario Williams to replace him, and probably upgrade in all honesty, easily.