what i want this offseason

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MikeSLTJ23, Feb 19, 2007.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Just players I'd like to see us get (not sure how feasible it all is and there's really not that much rationale to it):

QB: I'd obviously like to see us get Brady Quinn in green and white but I realize that's next to impossible, so to me, it looks like we're heading into camp with Chad, Kellen, and Ramsey.

RB: We've got Houston and Washington. I'm cool with that if the pick I want doesn't work out as I expect. But I'm really high on Dwayne Wright and I think he could be a great sleeper pick. My backup pick (even though he'll get drafted higher) is probably Kenny Irons the more I think about it.

FB: I like McClain. I can live with Askew for another year though. I like Leonard too but not for too much, especially with all this cutting weight stuff.

WR: I like Bowe and Meachem a lot, but I don't really want us taking either at 25 the more I think about it. I'm happy with Coles, Cotchery, and hopefully Smith. But I'd like to get Chansi Stuckey in there as well. I think he could be a very good 3rd round pick or so.

TE: I don't want to use a draft pick on any TEs this year. I would love to get Daniel Graham, but I'm very happy with Baker as our #1 TE, so I can deal with not picking up another big name TE.

OL: We're set at LT, LG, and C for the year I'd say (at least starters-wise). As for RG, I like a number of prospects in the draft (particularly Beekman). As for RT, I would like to see us get Leonard Davis.

DL: I'm curious what we could get for DeWayne on the market. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see us move on without him. I like Ellis, and I think he's okay for another few years. Obviously, Kimo's gotta go. So essentially we need a DE and a DT for the 3-4. I hope we have something in the works already on the team or in free agency because going through the offense first, I've used an awful lot of picks on offense haha. If worse comes to worse, I can deal with DeWayne at NT for another year. DE has to be the main priority on that line and I don't think I've used #25 yet, but I also wasn't really keeping track at all, so I could deal with a DE there.

LB: Originally, I wanted Patrick Willis. If he's there at #25, he's the one I want at #25. However, the more I think about it, the more I can live with Hobson-Vilma-Barton-Thomas.

DB: If we keep Barrett and/or Poteat, hopefully coach Miller up a bit, I can definitely live with our secondary. I like Dyson as long as he can stay pretty healthy. I am one of the few Barrett fans on here and I like Poteat too. Are any really the answer? No, but I don't see many options in FA (although I would love to get Clements, I just don't see us breaking the bank) and I don't see that many good CBs in the draft. At safety, I love Rhodes just like everyone else and Coleman can be a bit shaky, but I'm gonna go ahead and hope he gets it going again.