What happen to the big names?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Rod_2, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

I haven't heard anything about those that are supposed to be the best.
    A lot of teams need CB help. No one picked up Law or Woodson.
    Sam Adams, Julien Peterson, Arrington and a few others so called best of the group havne't got much headline. What's up?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Arrington is a NY Giant. (or close to it, supposedly)

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Arrington actually signed with the Giants, according to Buc.

4. jets4life2880

jets4life2880 New Member

i hope the jets grab someone besides ramsy which unfortunatley seems to be all of their concern right now, we have much more holes to fill then just QB, agreed?

5. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

Yes and I dont wanna see them get Ramsey either

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I was wondering about TO. I haven't heard anything from him in a while and I definatley don't see him as an Eagle next season.

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

ESPN Insider:
    Cowboys interested in Owens?
    <Mar. 11> According to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, the Cowboys level of interest in Owens has increased a bit recently. With Bill Parcells looking for difference-makers on the offensive side of the ball, the Cowboys become a player once Owens i released, which is expected to occur this week.

Meanwhile, the Broncos won't deny they're interested in Owens. But reports that suggest Owens is almost a sure thing to end up in Denver are off the mark, according to team owner Pat Bowlen.

"But that's because it's written about all the time," Bowlen told the Rocky Mountain News. "It has been written about here, on the national level, talked about on ESPN and all the rest of it. It's taken on a life of it's own, so to speak. I think there is a hell of a lot more credibility given to that than there should be.

"I'm not saying we're not interested in T.O., but I think the level of interest attributed to us is way beyond where we are."

It was believed the Broncos would make a legitimate push for Owens or RB Ricky Williams this offseason, and with Williams' future for 2006 in doubt after reports of a potential suspension, Owens might become more of a prime target.

Kansas City is also considered a possible landing spot for Owens. Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards has said he's intrigued by the prospect of acquiring the former Pro Bowl wide receiver.

Owens is still under contract with Philadelphia, and most teams believe the Eagles will release Owens before they must pay him bonuses totaling $7.5 million.

8. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. I don't know if it's coincidence, but since Woody purchased the team, the Jets have never made a big splash in free agency........

9. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

TIME FOR T.O.
    Headlines over the weekend were dedicated to Edgerrin James, LeCharles Bentley, Randle El and Hutchinson. But now get ready for wide receiver Terrell Owens to start making them again.

The Eagles must make a decision on Owens by Tuesday, before he is due a $5 million roster bonus. There's as much chance of the Eagles paying that as there is of Donovan McNabb taking a spring break trip with Owens. Thus, the Eagles must either trade or release Owens by Tuesday.

A team official said there have been "some sniffs." But if no team has traded for Owens by now, it's unlikely they will do it by Tuesday. Look for Owens to be released and one of the biggest stories of the offseason to kick off.

NFL executives believe Dallas, Kansas City and Denver are the three most likely landing spots.