What games are you looking fwd to in 2012

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 20, 2012.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

With only half a year left in 2012, which game/s are you most looking fwd to getting?

Most of the "better" games usually dont get put out till the later half of the year any ways.

I know for myself I'll be passing on 2 of the bigger titles, in madden13 and COD black ops2.
    Instead I'll be getting Resident evil6 and Hitman Absolution.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

Madden is a must. Ill regret it though

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'm sticking to old ones - games these days all suck.

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

You'll watch the trailers and they'll talk about this new system, new physics, bla bla bla. Every year it's just slightly changed, still no option of what to challenge when you challenge, you cant adjust the roster or playbook to your exact specifics, the minigame modes always suck.

I don't know it just always disapoints.

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've been playing a lot of retro games lately too.

I'm not even really sure what games ARE coming out this year. Haven't been paying enough attention to release dates so maybe these aren't coming out until next year but one game I feel that I must have is Last of Us. That game looks insane. Also that game Watchdogs from E3 looks sick but I don't know if it's coming out this year.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I'm playing my first subscription MMO in 10 years. Been waiting on it for 5 years and am loving it.

The Secret World

7. deerow84

I was really excited about that one when it was first annoucned, signed up for the newsletter and kept tabs on it...by the time beta rolled around I had lost interest. So it's good though? Which faction did you pick? How's the whole "no levels" thing working.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I played SWTOR for a couple months but I didn't have the time to keep up.

Also, that Watchdogs does look sick.

9. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

The new connected careers thing in Madden intrigues me, but we shall see. They are trying to make it into a storyline mode almost with the inclusion of Twitter into the game.

I think I read that while you may not be able to import a draft class, they have created a class for you with backstories and info for the players ... seems different than anything since 08 ... I'll get it

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Ill definatly be getting Madden 13 and Hitman Absolution maybe ill pick up Halo 4. The game I really can't wait for is GTA 5 buy who knows when that's being released.

11. Christian

Christian Active Member

Dota 2 and that's basically it.

12. joolander

joolander New Member

It was Diablo 3. What a colossal letdown

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I really enjoy it. The no levels thing is unique, but you still have to use skill and ability points to get more powerful. Levels exist though, but its the quality level (QL) of your gear. It's not that big of a deal though, as drops are frequent while doing missions, so once you finish a zone you will be good enough to go into it's 5 player dungeon. There you will get good enough stuff to survive in the next zone.

Basically if you follow the storyline and do the missions you're in good shape. I grind the heck out of the dungeons when I get to them. It's the only thing I repeat in the entire game. They are a blast.

The missions and the mission system itself is also unique and refreshing. Many require using the in game internet browser to solve various puzzles. If you can avoid spoilers you really feel like a bit of a detective. There is a primary mission that you will need to complete to advance the story, but 99% of the time is spent exploring and learning the history of each area.

The atmosphere of the game is what gets me. Lovecraft would be very pleased. Heck, the in-game t-shirt I got for being in beta is a cartoon of Cthulhu.

I'm not sure how long I'll play though. I'm not a big "end game" person. If I meet enough people I may stick around just for the social aspect.

EDIT: And zombies. Lots of zombies.

14. deerow84

Thanks for the info, sounds pretty good to me. I'm trying to keep away from MMOs for awhile, partially because I get kind of addicted, partially because I want to save money...mostly because my PC fried a few weeks ago so I have no choice :p

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

[YOUTUBE]xU7WGAJPRRw[/YOUTUBE]

Watchdogs looks really good I'm surprised I didn't see this on E3.

16. deerow84

Yeah for sure, Watchdogs is definitely something to keep an eye on. Apparently they might be making a movie.

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

The video game its self look like a movie. Those graphics and AI are nice.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is me every year. Nothing beats opening the game and throwing a game on with the Jets and testing out all the rookies.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Madden football lost its luster for me long time ago.

The playbook is a joke - and that's a very generous statement.

For instance, in any passing play, the play should give you these information at minimum:

1. # of steps to drop back
    2. Protection scheme
    3. Hot read
    4. Read progression

In case of madden passing play, it's just pitch-and-catch with 21 moving pieces around. On top of that, WRs do not adjust their route based on coverage, like it happens in NFL. (If you thought a deep post running WR would stick to that in cover 3 coverage, you just do not know what the hell you are doing. Split End, for instance, might be given deep post as the primary route but, if the coverage is cover 3, it is more than likely that his secondary route is corner route. Same with slot receivers, TEs and RBs in the backfield.) And... Madden way of read progression is a full-retarded joke. They give you the NUMBERS, not a progression ladder; they don't even give you where to throw the ball in these progressions. Just NUMBERS. Are you fucking kidding me?

Another thing that would irritate me was that, somehow the OLs and blockers just KNOW when I start to sprint with the ball carrier. So when I start sprinting, they release their assignment and do dumb shit all over the place. No such thing as turning the corner.

When it comes to pass protection, things get much more ridiculous. Having 4 premier DL does not guarantee consistent pressure for your defense, but computer's scrub DLs will breathe down on your neck 1 second after the snap on nearly every passing play. What's more preposterous is, the devs don't think it is realistic to have 4 men front applying consistent pressure. (Yep. They are out of their fucking minds.) No such thing as classic pass-rushing moves (club move/rip move/swim move) and OL play is much more ridiculous. (no double-teaming, no traps, and chop block is always 15 yard penalty.)

Last, but not the least: having your WR beat the nearest defender by 5 yard does not mean you have an open man. If you lob the ball over the defender there, the defender will JUMP and intercept the ball. Conventional football logic does not work in Madden football when it comes to pass coverage. Staying 5 full yard underneath on deep route is good. Umbrella coverage over the top is a surefire way to give up a lot of yardage. (In real football situation, beating your defender by 2 yards on a deep route almost guarantees you a quick 6. Not so in Madden.)

All in all, these atrocities go unnoticed simply because there is no competition in football gaming world.

Really. Fuck Madden football.

#19 Zach, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  20. DarrelleRevis.Human?

^ The no double teaming on the OL has really bothered me for years, it's like if that one guy that's asigned to block gets beat that it. Another nearby OLmen will just watch them go right on by, doesn't change posture, stance, stry to make a move in that direction, nothing, just stay down in his stance and watches them blow right by.

I agree with everything you're saying it bother me to no end, I can't even enjoy a friendly game without getting mad because the things in the game make no practical sense.