What doesn't anyone not like Cam for?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JStokes, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ok, I've heard ALL the bullshit today-it's race, he's black, he's arrogant, he daps (I don't even know that the fuck that is for), brilliant teeth, Charles Barkley, ESPN personalities--it's freaking sickening.

What for do you think peoples don't like Cam for?

I'd start a poll but (i) I don't know how to and (ii) they are lame.

Discus.

_

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You drunk? What type of a grammar is this? Stokes007?

I don't like Cam because he is repulsive. Can't stand his clown face.

3. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Not sure. Cam is the tits.

4. JStokes

:mad::mad::mad:

Scan the board.

_

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe that JLo was once a Fly Girl.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And the white guy was the funniest part of that show

James Hasty and RPOZ51 like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I hate him because he's a muslim

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It's mostly subconscious racism.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

When JJ watt makes idiotic selfie pose on the field after a sack, he's great and loves the sport.

When Cam does his idiotic superman pose, he is childish and a Prima Donna who has no respect for the game.

It's a double standard because of race.

Personally, I wish they would all just give the ball to the referees without all the extra curricular activity or just get back in the huddle after a good defensive play.

Remember the Kyle Wilson finger wag?

#9 Red Menace, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

He dabs. It's a way of smoking weed and when you die from coughing you make the gesture to put your head in your elbow. The dance move is the dab and can be innocent but its origin is weed affiliated.

I never thought Cam was gonna be good coming out. He hardly threw for more than 22 times in his national championship season. I thought he was raw and overrated. He has proven other wise.

But to me Cam puts on a front. He's a likeable player but it's all for show to me. He made a good argument the other day. It was about how he can't judge how rock stars act on stage and how normal people can't judge him appropriately. They don't understand what it's like to be in their place.

However, Cam is the most flashily and obnoxious player in the NFL. On top of that he has a shit eating grin on no matter what. He is arguably the most obnoxious player in the league with his antics and cockiness. While it is warranted based on his performance can't you act more humble? Act like you have been there before?

Cam has a great PR rep cause he has been making all the right moves. Teammates names on his cleats and giving balls to kids. But to me it's all a front. Behind closed door or when it's not all fun and games Cam comes off as an entitled scumbag. There is a side not shown frequently of Mr. Newton.

All this winning has put these character concerns aside. He is the poster boy now but dont let him fool you.

NYJetsO12 and 74 like this.
  11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

When was the last time you saw Watt or anyone for that matter do some dumb shit like this?

12. Red Menace

I guess you missed the part where I said that I would like the players to cut out all extra curricular activity after plays.

Ok I saw it on you tube, I don't care what they do after the game is over, good for the fans, it's nice when a player takes time out and gives something back to the fans for paying their salary and supporting the team.

Its the stupid stuff after every first down or a good defensive play.

It's ok to enjoy it a little but get back to the huddle and get ready for the next play.

#12 Red Menace, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Dab is not weed affiliated unless you are referring to smoking THC wax. They call it dabs because you take a tiny amount at time due because of the high concentration of THC. The dance that Cam does has zero to do with that.

I know ESPN wants it to be because he's black (just look at the latest Stephen a Smith video), but it's really because he celebrates after almost every first down. The team is really good, so it hasn't cost them yet, but it will eventually. Too much showboating. There's a reason Seattle almost blanked them in the 2nd half in the divisional round.

If Cam's serious about a super bowl, he should put the showboating on hold until they win the game. I don't care about end zone TD celebrations, but celebrating every first down is over the top. I'm sure he's just having fun, but it's always easier to have fun when you are winning. I wonder if he keeps his composure if other teams do the same to him?

The Broncos defense is going to be in his face the whole game. We'll see how he reacts when they start celebrating every sack in his face.

Um, there are tons of black DEs and LBs that celebrate getting sacks as well. It's not even close to black vs white issue. Even Wilkerson does his kicking pose and he's one of the classiest players in the league. I don't mind them celebrating sacks because they can be game changers, but celebrating every single first down on offense is overboard, IMO. Most QBs do not do this, they get back into the huddle and focus on the next play.

#13 Sam Hammer, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  14. JStokes

I'm not on the pot.

I have no ideer what you guys are talking about for.

_

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Some of these posts are so ignorant. If he wants to get serious about winning a Superbowl? The guy is 17-1 this year.

As much as I hate bringing race into it, it's a generation issue and it's a race issue. The JJ Watt reference is perfect. People rarely criticize him for his sack dances that often mock the other team because he's just enjoying himself and enjoying the game. It's laughable to justify a sack dance as being a game changing play when a first down isn't?

Not to mention every defensive end celebrates a sack when they're down 34-10 in the 4th quarter.

Sit back and enjoy the friggain guy dominating the league and stop looking for things to nitpick. He's the only player in the entire league that can play the game the way he does, and he might be one of the only players we'll ever see to run and throw at this efficient rate while packing the punch of a 250 pound guy running a 4.6.

He's clearly displayed that his celebrations doesn't compromise his focus on the field.

But but but he shouldn't be celebrating when he makes a good play. I hope they flag you negative nancy's when you celebrate the Jets getting a first down and make you back up 15 rows to watch the next play.

#15 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    legler82, Ubiquitous, Kris 15 and 3 others like this.
  16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its because white people think he is an uppity negro.

and the nfl fans are predominantly white men. who think that this uppity negro shouldnt be showing off.

because we have come so far, but have so far to go. i happen to think he is funny and enjoyable to watch. i have never seen him do anything really disrespectful or obnoxious. maybe i would see it differently if he was on the jets. but he has a much different feel than the santonio holmes type shit that he used to do all the time.

17. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

I like Cam, but if he was dabbing on the Jets twice a year, I have a feeling I'd be on the hate train too. Nothing to do with race, I pretty much hate everyone we play. I can definitely see how "Oh you smashed us 34 -7 AND I have to watch you dance about it? Fuck you" feelings could arise.

I mean obviously there are a percentage of people who in fact do not like him for being flashy and black, but those people are going to find a problem no matter what. I just don't think the majority of it comes from that.

#17 Kerley Shuffle, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    dogg likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I didn't hear any uproar from fans complaining when this schmuck was doing this after every score and pre and post game. People ate it up and it became a viral Internet sensation. SMH boys.

19. Red Menace

Boom!!! Time to shut this thread down!

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

From what I've seen he acts mature and gets respect from his community and from his players. The guy has really come a long way to be one of the best qbs in this league. Wish he was a Jet.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk