What a difference a year makes...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

OK. That's fine if you really believe that. But then what's your excuse for NE, Miami, Atlanta? 3 straight games where the Jets had two score leads in the 2nd half? Held leads in all 3 in the 4th quarter, gave up momentum and got outmaneuvered? They lost all 3 because Toilet faild to counteract what the opposing HC had done to steal momentum. He was unable to steal momentum back? Like I said, Toilet is capable of coaching for 30 to 45 minutes and no more.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Like I said before, it's hard for a team with young inexperienced players to win each and every week in the NFL. You are going to make mistakes and the Jets have made a lot of mistakes in the 2nd half. That's coaching, that's the players that's on everyone.

Singlehandedly pointing the finger at Bowles shows, some pretty inept evaluation.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Clearly Cincinnati believes this!

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If not for a couple of INT's and missed Field Goals, against Ryan and Br*dy no less, and the story could be different.

Ty-D-Bol's could always hire Generalfeldmarschall Rommel for 4th quarter 'maneuvers' just in case tho. It would appear he got lucky hiring assistants and if not for them he'd be lost. So what the hell.

#24 Walt White, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Hopefully that is something Bowles evaluates in the off-season and continues to improve on those aspects. Some coaches do have Game MGMT coaches as well. Hopefully if Morton moves on, Bowles needs to gets a coach in here that can implement that same offense, does it come from within? If Morton one days wants to be a HC, Jets would need to make a decision to ensure the system stays intact.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Be careful for what you wish for. TB got rid of their coach IIRC and was scared to have Koetter leave so they made him HC. Now their offense has regressed, the team has been the biggest disappointments in the NFL.

Plus I'm wary of handing Morton the keys right now, he's still coming into his own as an OC. You can get yourself in a situation like how the Giants are or the Bucs.

7. 101GangGreen101

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What's really happening:

Bowles receiving daily advice from old mentor Bill Parcells..
    Ahahah

Toddy now ready to go from the Toilet Bowl to the Super Bowl in one incredible season ..and Wins!!!!!!

Roger Goodell awards Slow Starter to Winner Award..Bowles gives hour long acceptance speech

Bowles signs long term spokesperson contract with Roto Rooter and Draino

#28 NYJetsO12, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

You act as though I'm jumping to such a radical, unfair conclusion?

I formulated my opinion based on his maneuvers , or shall I say lack thereof, over the last 40 or so games. He is X's and O's on the fly inept. He simply doesn't know how to steal momentum back once it's lost. So all the singlehandedly nonsense is a bunch of hog wash.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I read this morning where Metha was pushing Bowles for Coach of the Year. It is amazing that pundits and fans all of a sudden think a coach is suddenly better because they win a few games. Coach Bowles didn't predict 0 and 16. He did what coaches do. Work hard with the players you have, prepare for the next opponent and push the players to give their best. They play really hard and as we have seen in the past few weeks that is not always a given in the NFL. The only difference in coaching this year is that the team has guys that want to play. Last year not so much.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Still 7 games to go. But I would say that he's one a good job this year. I was expecting two wins at best.

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Woody said and his brother confirmed that W-L are not the preponderant measuring criteria for the team. I believe - and some one correct me if I am wrong - if the team plays competitively (they are) , they seem to get better as the season goes on (they have EXCEPT for the penalties) and there are is no major dysfunction (similar to last year), then he is back.

I am not a fan but his choices for O and D have worked and the team is playing hard... maybe not smart all the time but they proved with the Bills game they can play with anyone and defeat them.

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Best game plan, executed with confidence, vs the Bills thus far this season