WeWantSapp ---- Mock Draft #1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wewantsapp, Mar 31, 2018.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

1.3 Josh Rosen QB UCLA 6-4 223
    I think Rosen is the most accurate passer in this draft. Very skittish about Josh Allen w/his cannon arm & big size, but only 58% accuracy in college. Smells like another Hackenberg to me. Rosen has aired it out every 1 of his college seasons. This captain nonsense is blown out of proportion. He's going to learn plenty from Josh McCown (is everyone named Josh???) about being a pro & I think that the timing of McCown's re-signing was more than just a coincidence.

3.72 Frank Ragnow C Arkansas 6-5 312
    I don’t think Spencer Long is our solution at center. Drafting Ragnow gives us plenty of options in the short-term (i.e. – release Carpenter this season and/or hopefully release Brian Winters after this season). With our first pick being a QB, - we’re going to need some solid help upfront & Ragnow is 1 of the best interior blockers in this draft. He falls to 72 because of a shortened injury Sr. year. Spencer Long played guard throughout college until the Redskins put him at center. Plus we only gave Long $6 mil guaranteed & 5 of that is paid this upcoming season.

4 Josh Sweat OLB FSU 6-5 251
    I think Sweat had a down year as FSU was wrought with turmoil. He still led the D in TFL and sacks in 2017. Lorenzo Mauldin hasn’t shown much in 3 seasons & the past off field incident didn’t help. I think you can write off Dylan Donohue after 2 DWIs. So all we really have is Jordan Jenkins & Josh Martin. Clearly need more. And Sweat at this point is great value.

5 Will Richardson OT NC State 6-6 306
    I think Richardson is totally under-rated. Great track record in NC State pro-style offense. 11 games in 2017 & didn’t allow a sack or even QB pressure at LT. Kelvin Beachum’s has guaranteed money this year & was middle of the pack of NFL LTs. We don’t have any other OTs on the roster & this could possibly be LT consideration or even an upgrade on RT Brandon Shell (even though I’m currently a Shell fan).

6 Kenny Young ILB UCLA 6-1 236
    4.6 40 at combine 23 BP reps. All-PAC 12 1st team. Led UCLA in tackles. We need depth at ILB & he can play special teams. Could even be projected starter replacing Darron Lee if we don’t keep him long-term or even trade him sooner.

7 Colby Gossett OG Appalachian St. 6-5 311
    App St. is no longer a 3rd grade team. Good #s, great work ethic & could give us yet another reason to let Brian Winters go after the 2018 season. Need to start trying to get the interior O-line shored up – Carpenter, Winters & Dozier are probably gone after this season.

Priority FAs

Matthew Thomas ILB Florida St. 6-3 232
    4.58 40 + 41 vertical + 10-11 broad + 4.25 shuttle --- great athleticism – special teams build & depth

Kamari Cotton-Moya FS Iowa St. 6-1 198
    Great 1st backup for either Adams or Maye. “Improving our overall roster” concept. Could be the 3rd safety in the nickel or dime. All-Big 12 past 2 years. Getting overlooked when he shouldn’t. Rontez Miles part of the old and Terrence Brooks is ST only and Doug Middleton couldn’t make it through a season uninjured.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Get it done mac

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Solid mock. It’s going to be interesting how it unfolds. I can’t believe how much our fate at QB relies on the fucking Giants..... if they trade it the team acquiring it is taking a QB if they keep it they are taking Barkley or a QB. The Browns will take a bust off the board before us at least lol they love drafting busts.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not like the perennial all pros we like to draft

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

At least we got a few right in the last 10 years.. They didn’t even get 1 right

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd be thrilled with this.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Round 1 and 3 is exactly how I would target it.

Good work.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd sign up for this, but I don't think Ragnow slides that far despite the injury.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up?

That said, I'm not without some hesitations/concerns. I don't Josh Rosen would learn much from Josh McCown, and may not even listen to him. He may think he's better already, but hopefully that fear is wrong. Love the Ragnow pick. Like the Sweat and Richardson pick, but I'm not sure I understand your comment that

[QUOTEKelvin Beachum’s has guaranteed money this year & was middle of the pack of NFL LTs. We don’t have any other OTs on the roster & this could possibly be LT consideration or even an upgrade on RT Brandon Shell (even though I’m currently a Shell fan).[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "LTs"? If so, I understand and agree, but if not, I'm afraid you're mistaken unless you meant "quality" OTs, because we do have Shell, Ijalana, Korren Kirven, and I think they re-signed Brent Qvale, but could be mistaken. Regardless, LT is a need, I'm just not sure that Richardson is the answer.

10. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Nice work.

Rosen over Allen is something I would not do, but at least it’s not Baker. :)

Rounds 3-5 would be great if they panned out like that.

Watched lots of Iowa games and Moya is a good sleeper and good depth.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nicely done. addresses most needs

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member