We're gonna find out what kind of GM Mike MacCagnan is this offseason.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Jan 7, 2018.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I read on another forum that Mac's picks in the past 3 drafts have scored a total of 2 TDs. That can't be true; can it?

2. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Leo
    Smith
    Maudlin
    Petty
    Hack
    Lee
    Revis
    J. Marshall
    And it goes ooooon and oooooon and oooooon and ooooooooon

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Why is Leo, Lee and Revis here? He didn't draft Revis. Leo is good and Lee had a solid year.

4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I think he's referencing macs all encompassing eye for talent including free agents like revis, a good gm would have seen he was a turd disguised in filthy pats cloth. I'd also throw big mo in that category.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree.
    I still feel the roster can be much improved in the off-season without drafting a QB. If we are realistically looking at drafting the 3rd or 4th best prospect in the draft, the odds of that QB starting and being successful in 18 are very slim. Especially with the holes on the O line and lack of play makers on the offense. Filling those holes greatly improved the roster and sets up the next QB for success. This was still year 1 of an actual rebuild and it's not going to be fixed in one or 2 seasons. At least not at a sustainable level.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You seem to forget, how the majority of the fan base were out in full force , begging for Revis to be resigned, of course none would admit it now.

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not to mention the owner....

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Hand raised here. Revis and Cromartie played good the frst year they came back. Have no had anywhere close the secondary play since. When Skrin is getting beat like a dumb all game that is a problem. He played his best ball when he was in the slot.

9. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Leo does nothing. Revis not for the draft pick but for getting robbed by patriots sloppy seconds. Leo can't cover me and I'm crippled

10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If my memory serves me correctly, Devin Smith caught ONE touchdown pass from Fitz in the few games he played before going out with his never ending list of injuries. So there's probably half the total.

That claim makes sense to me. Mac has been drafting defensive players since he got here. Almost no attention being paid to the offense. What few offensive players that have been drafted have been mostly poor selections. Hack has ZERO touchdowns because he's never taken a regular season snap.

Ardarius Stewart had a touchdown against the Dolphins and that's probably it??? So yeah, I think that is probably correct...........

11. Mainejet

Robbie Anderson has caught quite a few touchdowns now.... 7 this last season and at least a few last season. But he was an UDFA. So if we are talking exclusively Mac picks from the draft, I think 2 touchdowns is probably correct....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Mainejet

Robbie Anderson has caught quite a few touchdowns now.... 7 this last season and at least a few last season. But he was an UDFA. So if we are talking exclusively Mac picks from the draft, I think 2 touchdowns is probably correct....

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'll gladly admit I wanted Revis back. His first year back he had a good season.

People here just hated him because he signed with NE when they were the only team to offer him a contract.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I agree that this a big draft for Mac and company. They need to get impact players preferably on offense. Ideally, the Jets come out of the draft with at least a QB, RB, and OL(I like Price but he might not be there when the Jets pick in round 2. Rosen and Mayfield look like the only QB's ready to start on day 1 and both might be off the board before the Jets pick. Does Mac have the guts to trade up for the right price? We'll find out in late April.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Mac has done a shit job drafting so far.Devin Smith in round 2,Hack in round 2,Darron Lee in round 1,Leonhard Williams isnt who we thought he would be.Last years draft might be his best yet.We continue to get nothing out of round 2.If he gets fired the Hackenberg pick will be one of the reasons we point to.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

Lets not forget throwing big money at Wilkerson and letting Snacks and Sheldon walk.It should have been the opposite.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He didn’t let Sheldon walk, he made his best move as GM of the Jets involving Sheldon.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac just completed his coursework in learning how to be a GM...at OUR expense

He will leave the building with Toilet next year and resurface with some other team one day..older and wiser...maybe

Till then we live with his sh@tpicks like Lee and Hack and developing "our young core" of players LMAO

The best one Anderson will be wearing Orange unless Mac breaks him outa jail

If He drafts us a QB from top tier it will be his first good move imo

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. LongIslandBlitz

His best move?His best move was drafting Marcus Maye and Adams.Kearse is good but I prefer Sheldon over Wilkerson.

He overpaid Fitz on that 1 year deal and he shit the bed

He gave Wilkerson a massive contract and he shit the bed

He gave Revis a massive contract and he shit the bed

He drafted Hack and Devin Smith in round 2 who have contributed nothing to the team in any way shape or form.

He let Snacks walk which I thought was a bad move.

Leonhard Williams has underachieved compared to what we thought he would be

Trading for B Marshall at the time was a good move that paid off for 1 year,Same for Fitzpatrick.

Drafting Maye and Adams look like good picks so far

Trading Richardson for Kearse was an ok trade but I would have rather seen Wilkerson be traded instead.

He signed Matt Forte who hasn't done jack shit in his time here

He drafted Darron Lee who has been better this year

He found Robby Anderson who has superstar potential if he stops getting arrested every year.

The O Line still has alot of holes in it that were left with Mangold and D Brick retiring.

He cut David Harris who is now playing in the Superbowl for the Patriots.

He also cut Eric Decker which I didn't think was a good move and still don't.

The ASJ signing seems like a good one but he better not budge on overpaying him off one decent season.

We have no pass rush or real shut down type of corner

We still have no QB .

You can make the case to fire him at this point,Me personally I wouldn't I would give him this off-season with our cap space and our high draft picks to try and get us back into contention again.If he fails him and Bowles should both be gone next year

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You really broke it down. Me personally I would have dumped him and Bowles this year. Would not let them utilize all that cap space when both could be gone by next year. Having a new HC and GM saddled with their mistakes. I've seen enough of his drafts to know he cannot see the team weaknesses and most importantly address them.

ColoradoContrails likes this.