Well Boys. What do we do from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

There, there, it's OK, the Jets win at losing.

donkey likes this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

That he did it despite a complete lack of "intensity". I totally understand being dissatisfied with his play calling ability,but several posters on here regularly cite his demeanor as the first and greatest flaw in TB. I don't understand that complaint at all. Intensity without competence, confidence, or the ability to inspire those things in others would be useless, too, and probably much more annoying than being stone faced.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Intensity without competence can drive a result for a short period of time but can not sustain it. Look no further then Rex Ryan himself.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sergeant Major? Are you A Brit, or a Canadian, eh? And here all this time I thought you were an "Amurrican" (American). LOL

5. NCJetsfan

There's no one on the Jets CS capable of being interim HC. Period. You can't fire the HC during the season and have no one with which to replace him. He needs to be fired the second the season ends.

6. NCJetsfan

Harbaugh can't even win at U Mich. No way I want him as the Jets next HC.

7. NCJetsfan

Lon Chaney, Jr.

Maria Ouspenskaya was always creepy too!

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're probably right which is why I would give Bowles a couple more games and see if he can somehow get things going, but if he doesn't at that point, have Dennison or Green take over. Bowles needs to get the message that "playing tough" isn't good enough. Not saying he has to win, but the crap from the Browns game - which has been a constant feature of Bowles' tenure.

9. NCJetsfan

Huh? Sorry, but your response makes no sense imo. Kevin Greene is not capable of being an interim HC and severely doubt that Dennison is, either. IMO that would really make the Jets a circus. They're just gonna have to stick with Bowles until the end of the season. Chris Johnson should tell him that no more excuses will be tolerated, and that in no uncertain terms, that if the penalties and lack of discipline continue or if there are any more incidences like Crowell's wiping the football on his ass, will result in his firing the minute the season is over. He needs to be specific, and not just the vague and general "show improvement." Bowles needs to be told exactly what has to dramatically improve in the next 13 games.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The guy is 44-19-1 as an NFL head coach. Also 5-3 in the post season. You really wouldn't want him coaching your NFL team?
    He's apparently a better NFL coach than college coach/recruiter. That's fine by me.

HomeoftheJets and Ralebird like this.
  11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm an American, alright. We has Sergeants Major in these here Armed Forces.

https://www.military.com/army/enlisted-ranks.html

Cman68, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I knew that. I was just kidding! That's why I put the LOL. Wouldn't have made any difference any way.

13. NCJetsfan

I didn't realize that his record was that good. Just remember that things fell apart in SF and that he did something to wear out his welcome there. He's definitely more disciplined and better than Bowles (not that that is saying much). He would certainly be preferable over another first-time HC or another DC. Thinking about it some more, I guess he probably would be one of the top candidates for the job.

HomeoftheJets and KWJetsFan like this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There’s no one capable of being a HC period. Let’s role with the Special Teams dude. They, like, blocked a punt and stuff.

#114 Jets81, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At least he won't be learning on the job... He'll even come with an successful NFL HC resume. Imagine that.. We haven't had one of those since Parcells.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not to mention he is a HUGE asshole.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well if we do win only 2 or 3 games we COULD be in the market for a coach but we all know its gonna be some newbie that costs nothing.

if it was me i would talk to mangini......yes thats right. the same guy who pissed everyone off here and in cleveland with some ridiculous demands.

sometimes the second time around for guys like him turn out much better than the first.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can see Mangini sitting in Macc's chair...

19. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

One of the guys that I wanted (had bowles been fired this past offseason) is John DeFilippo. Think he would work wonders for Darnold, but who knows as of yet.

Cman68 and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, lacking the competence, confidence and ability to inspire others, I'll take the guy with intensity over the stoic every day of the week, but it would sure get tiring by day three.