Welcome to the Jets Parry Nickerson (6th Rd Pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

Kid seems to be a baller with INT's and PD's in his career. Small guy, but has a knack covering guys. Drawback that I read was, he has NEVER played the slot corner. He isn't beating out Trumaine and Morris. Jets have 2 options with him. Let him learn the slot behind Skrine this year, because with no prior experience in the slot, he's not NFL READY for that position now... or let him stay outside and learn from Claiborne, with Morris on a 1 year contract, perhaps Parry can earn a starting job in 2019.
    Like the pick

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent question, but I believe it can when unless the team already has a great OL and great weapons to surround that QB with, the GM doesn't follow that pick up by taking OL and offensive players to help the QB succeed.

egelband likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Excellent football name, needs a haircut.

4. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Truth. I mean, maybe there wasn’t a good one out there. But I really would have liked Maccagnan to go after a good LT after landing Sam.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he is fast. the Jets needed speed. Good pick in the 6th round

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Skrine should be moved back to his natural spot in the slot... I cant blame him for his poor performances while playing out of position.
    Everyone seems to want him gone but he will be surly missed if we do move him...our secondary with him back in the slot would be much better off.

Let this kid learn behind Skrine and see what the feeling is next season.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Skrine isn't very good even in the slo imo, but I agree that unless or until Nickerson has won a head-to-head competition in TC/Preseason this year, Skrine should stay and let the kid learn from him. This is the last year of Skrine's contract with the Jets. They can bring the kid along slowly if need be, or if he shows to be a quick learner, they can work him in sooner and get him lots of experience this season. Then the Jets can let Skrine walk next offseason.

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member