Welcome to the Jets, Chris Herndon (4th Round)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Apr 28, 2018.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

LT only earned those in retirement.

FJF likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think I did. Just said great picks as in draft value at the moment. Although, I did just order a Sam Darnold jersey and my tickets for the 2043 Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony.

Freddy Mondo and FJF like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'll be in my 50's then. Scary to think about.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You can change your name to championjets2043 and tell al the kids here how all that matters are vlts

Brook! likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Can guarantee it will be OL in round 5. This is Maccagnan’s M.O.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

TBH - our defensive line CS has a track record of getting higher performance out of forgotten players.

I imagine if this guy has a motor, he will be ok. Maybe not a superstar but he will produce.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like this pick. Has soft hands and running after the catch ability. Don't see him as an in line blocking TE but flank him out and he could be a matchup problem.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

and the Coke habit

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Nothing super blew me away watching highlights, but his speed is good, route running is good, made some smart plays. Has the size. What I really like is watching how he fights for yards. He really digs in and lowers the shoulder when he needs to and watches his blocker to direct himself for the most yards possible.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

A QB that's going to have to sit for at least a season? A PROJECT DT from Fort Hayes asshole ST? A wild card TE in the 4th round?

Can you say 5-11, 4-12?? No matter how eternally optimistic you may be, realize our GM does not care about improving the Jets this season. There isn't a single player he's selected so far that's going to help the team win games in 2018. ALL of these draftees are going to need at least a season or more of grooming.

In FA he merely REPLACED guys the Jets lost and did NOT improve the talent of the team in the process. Meanwhile, at this very moment, the OL and DL both SUCK. The very foundations for football 101 are atrocious.

On defense this team is going to see opposing RB 's run the football up the Jets asses. On offense, the OL is going to get McCown killed and then maybe Sam Darnold.

Mac clearly has no timeline for improving this team? He's on the 10 year rebuilding if there's ever been such a thing.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Great point. An underrated NFL draft prospect attribute is the need and desire to setup a fund for their post-career criminal activities. Marvin Harrison epitomizes this.

12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

The Jets under Mac do a great job in the first taking the obvious guy who falls. From there it seems like the wheels fall off.

They hit on Darnold and the rest of this draft won’t matter so there’s that.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, what draft prospects did he pass over that would have given us immediate returns in the win column?
    Specific names would be nice
    Thanks in advance

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True indeed. Likewise, a few here should consider stopping the blind crapping of every pick, as some seem to do almost automatically as soon as it is announced, without given a person a chance to show us something on the field or worst without even knowing diddle about the player to start out with.
    Some of the folks can just cut and paste the per functionary line "terrible pick, I would have preferred OL" on every single selection without the benefit of knowing zippo about the value of the pick. I think Mac is well aware that the OL needs strength, the question is where is the best value.
    Personally, I think he is doing damned good so far. Lets see them on the field of play.

FJF likes this.
  15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I don’t think there is anything wrong with fans wanting the Jets to take an offensive lineman over a 25 year old D2 defensive tackle.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Won't be scary at all when you get there. When you turn 50 it will be nothing like you picture it to be...

RPOZ51 and NY Jets68 like this.
  17. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

What are the picks here

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is an interesting pick.

I live down here in Miami and I can tell you that UM fans loved this guy. He had good upside but was dealt a hard blow with an MCL tear. The University of Miami had many issues with proper usage of many of their players, he was one of them. Many fans thought he should have been used much more before his injury.

He's not a Tight End that will stand out in film and he didn't post huge numbers in Miami, but he is a competent route runner and he is a good blocker. I think in the right system and with the right coaches he can be a good guy to have on your roster.

NYJetsO12 and Mogriffjr like this.
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He has good initial burst too, may not be super fast but UM used him on TE screens...Can line up in the slot as well. Gonna be quite the battle at TE.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  20. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Negative Nancy. You'd complain about finding a winning lottery ticket.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk