Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the insanity that is being a Jets fan!

2. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Hi all, I am a Jets fan from the UK. Came to New York on holiday when 15 years old in 2000 and fell in love with New York. The Yankees and Mets were playing the world series and the coverage was everywhere. But I also saw American football coverage. When I got back I started following and picked the Jets. Loved Curtis Martin and Wayne Chrebet. Followed ever since and seen us get so close in the AFC championship game. Come over twice to see the Jets and was at Wembley when we beat the Dolphins. I also like baseball and soccer but nothing compares to the Jets. Now trying to pass on the Jets bug to my kids (unlucky kids). Will come over to see the Jets again in the future I am sure and will be at Wembley when they comeback. Loving proving the pundits wrong so far this season, who needs number 1 pick we'll just trade up and get the new Mark Sanchez :D

regan62072 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I was at the Wembley game a couple of years ago with my two boys. I did wonder about infecting them with the Jets bug, but in the end I thought that had to be better than seeing my own children walking around in Dolphins shirts, or maybe even Patriots ones. I'm not sure I could have coped with that. Chrebet was my favourite player from the era when you started following the team and I was lucky enough to be living in LA during the 2000 season, so I saw lots of the games live. Even though the season ended in disappointment it remains one of my favourites for all those early season come-from-behind wins. Enjoy yourself here!

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board!

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! Shame on you for torturing your kids by making them Jets fans! ;) LOL

6. oldrover

oldrover Member

Just want to wish you guys no injuries and a good game on Sunday. Pats are struggling a bit on defense as you well know, so you may have caught them at a good time.

I married into a Jets family, so I feel your pain. Also, I've been a Pats fan since Plunkett was drafted, so I saw a lot of suck town years before Belichick and Brady arrived.

I've seen all your games this year... Bowles has the team playing HARD. And these games are always a rock fight anyway. :)

Hopefully we play each other 3 times this year. Who knows? :) The NFL is crazy this year. Never would have predicted the Giants would be 0-5... can't say I'm too sad about that. LOL

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Welcome to the board. I am not as nice as you are. If Brady gets injured in his vagina, that would be good. Kidding aside, I love what I see from our young players. It has been a fun season so far. I expect Pats to win but I think young Jets will put in a good fight.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

That's Lawn Guyland, get it right guy.

9. oldrover

oldrover Member

Have to admit, I'm not really trying to pick up the accent. :)

Edit: It was tough enough to avoid the New England accent! Pahk the cah.... good grief. LOL... although I'm from Maine, so it's kind of a variant of that.

#329 oldrover, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Brook! and Kris 15 like this.
  10. roger

roger Active Member

GFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Just wishing a torn patella tendon for Brady....

12. oldrover

oldrover Member

...well, he's got a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, so there's that.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Gronk is on my fantasy team, so I can virtually guarantee Maye is going to break him in half and ruin my fantasy season, and the Jets are going to lose anyway.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  14. oldrover

oldrover Member

LOL... Gronk is great, but we fans can't count on him. Same with Amendola. Too injury prone. That's what hurts so much about losing Edelman. He's the Energizer bunny. Or he was.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Class act type of post. Would be different/change of pace if there were a little more opposing fans who show respect like yourself. You've seen your Pats win multiple rings, so as a fan i can tell that you act as if you've been there before. You've also mentioned the losing years of N.E which means you remember where you came from. I respect that. Welcome to TheGangGreen.

I also appreciate you, as a N.E fan, mentioning how these kids are playing hard. There are a lot of longtime suffering fans who are so miserable with this franchise, that they can't even admit or simply acknowledge when these youngsters are at least playing hard.

With that said. As a Jets fan i seen the end of Bledsoe which opened the door for Brady. I'd be lying if i stated otherwise because i truthfully can't wait for the birth of Jimmy G in order to see the end of Brady. Yes. I'm tired of him. Years and years. I'm just ready to never see the guy throw another down until it's "old timers day". Then & only then will i tip my cap to the G.O.A.T can't no one convince me Montana was better.

TwoHeadedMonster and oldrover like this.
  16. oldrover

oldrover Member

I watch Pats games with my son, and your games with my Jets fan BIL and nephew... it is a totally different experience. It's like they expect to lose... they trust no lead... and any deficit seems impossible. As my BIL says, jokingly but also half-believing, "(insert team here) leads us, 3-0. Insurmountable lead."

They were so happy last week... a nice win against the Browns. :)

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I been following the Pats since the merger. Tell it to someone who gives a fuck.

18. oldrover

oldrover Member

I have, and somewhere in the basement I've got the old 1971 Strat-O-Matic football cards to prove it. :)

NY Jets68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board - and like you said, may no injury harm the teams this weekend.

Even though Pats D has been struggling as of late, Belicheat would save a few tricks up his sleeves just to spite the Jets - that's the Cheater(TM) I know. :)

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Gay.