Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

Jets fan since I was 8 years old. Originally from Connecticut, now living in the Philly area. I'm the only Jet fan in a family made up of Giants fans (Dad, his family, and my brother) Steelers fans (Mom, her family, and my other brother) and Eagles fans (my wife and her family). I've been the NYJ forums for awhile, but apparently, everyone hangs out here, so I'm moving here too.

FlaJet and Faux machine like this.
  2. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

New to TGG but love what I have read. Some very funny knowledgable folks here.

FlaJet and Faux machine like this.
  3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Bienvenido..:)

4. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Re-introduction

I've been a poster since 2006, fan of the Jets since 04,

SonofDinger and Faux machine like this.
  5. aussiejetsfan

aussiejetsfan New Member

Hi all I'm a Jet's fan from Melbourne Australia - have followed the team since about 2011 - but I'll be honest, I haven't known enough about the sport to post on a message board but I have been watching the Jets and football as a whole for long enough to at least consider myself knowledgeable enough to talk with fellow Jets fans.

Very encouraged by the start to the season, especially loving that secondary and the return of Revis.

6. Dibben

Dibben New Member

Hello all,

Jets fan here from Edinburgh...

I've followed the team since the mid 80s, when NFL first came to British TV...

I have yet to make it to a home game, but intend to do so in the next year or two. Sadly I can't make the Wembley game in 2 weeks...

Faux machine likes this.
  7. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Hibs or Hearts?

8. Dibben

Dibben New Member

Hibs... Has to be - strips/uniforms are almost identical!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Faux machine likes this.
  9. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I started casually following the Jambos a couple years ago. Hopefully we stick in premier for awhile

10. Dibben

Dibben New Member

There should be no issue there. The SPFL really isn't that good. Typically Hibs picked the worst year ever to go down!

11. The OC Jet

The OC Jet New Member

Greetings from The OC , we represent at Hooters in Costa Mesa, Cali, 405 and Harbor Bl. OCJets fans.....

Poeman and Faux machine like this.
  12. MidnightThunder

MidnightThunder New Member

Let me introduce myself,
    Jets fan living in Fort Lauderdale. Grew up in Mount Vernon, New York and became a Jets fan in 1999 when I went to the old Giants stadium to watch the Jets vs. Giants. Dad was a Giants fan so being the rebel that I was I chose to root for the Jets and I've been cheering them on ever since. Glad to be here

FlaJet, Poeman and Faux machine like this.
  13. djjboogie845

djjboogie845 Member

long time Jets Fan from birth, season tickets in the old stadium now i take my lil man with me and we keep the tradition alive!! He's a animal with the autographs before and after the game!! worth every penny

Faux machine likes this.
  14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Hey all! I've been a fan since I was 10 years old (1968) when the Jet's used to play at Shea and I lived in Queens (yeah, I'm an old dude). My dad even had some Polaroids of Joe in camp from back then - wish I could find those old photos.

Moved to Atlanta in '97 and started following this board several years ago. For a few years the game threads were my only source of "live" play by play. Moved to SC a year ago and decided to jump on board. Hopefully I'll be able to control my emotions and remain "cerebral" in my analysis and contributions. HA!

Faux machine and Poeman like this.
  15. Paul Rezon

Paul Rezon New Member

Hi

UK based Jets fan (well more supporter from afar with grunts and huffs at past failure), ever since I first visited New York back in 1989... With more access to games in the UK now and a stronger understanding of the sport, my appetite is GROWING!

It all started for me catching the highlights of a game on TV when I came to NY (memory isn't what it was… I knew it was a Jets defeat but had to check on the opposition), to the Saints... It didn't matter though, I was never going to support the other lot from NY (a New York team was only natural as I was there right), I was bitten by the Jets...

So as I say I have followed on and off and I have suffered from afar ever since… I got excited in 94 briefly but then games (and the internet was only in it’s infancy), were hard to come by in the UK from about 1995 and life got in the way and I guess I just fell out of love with football… That was until I returned to New York in 2005 - The Jets season was done by the time I got there (February) and they pretty much sucked in 2005 but I was older and wiser and more confident so I spoke more freely to New Yorkers and more to the point long suffering Jets fans – they laid it on thick and I re-caught the Jets bug!

Since then it’s not been too bad has it… I mean we've been competitive right!?!

Anyway, from that point on I made it a bucket list point to get to a game and see the Jets play – and I achieved this (of sorts), on Sunday when I got to Wembley for the game against the Dolphins… I waited a year for this date to come around and I will be honest I didn't know what to expect so I'll tell you...

It was amazing! Made me feel like a kid again!
    I was lucky enough to be on the 50 yard line mid-section of the stand, behind the Jets bench and I was blessed enough to be sat with a load of NY based Jets fans over for the game (Allllll day lonnnnnggggg)... Was sat not too far from Fireman Ed which was great - and I really got in to Jets the atmosphere!

So now the bucket list has changed - I guess I only partially ticked it off anyway - I have got to get back to New York and see the Jets in Rutherford… Hopefully this year IF I can save up quickly enough (so I will be on the ticket board I hope at some point)!

As a rookie fan my only real observation from Sunday (and this season in general)… We need to cut out the on the penalties, sort out our poor punt returns, stay tight... Oh, and wrap up Ivory (bruising performance from him against the Fins), in cotton wool and we are hopefully we are looking at a strong season for the Jets! October 25th BIG game day!

Looking forward to participating on the board (I really would like to understand the draft system so will be bothering know it alls about that :) ...)

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

awesome!

17. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I should re-introduce myself since I haven't posted here in almost five years.

I always enjoy reading the opinions and thoughts on this board. That has never stopped since I first joined in 2003. Yet I do take breaks from posting. The last one was a long one - hence my re-introduction.

Anyway, I forgot how much I enjoy interacting with my fellow Jets fans, so I'm back to posting.

Poeman likes this.
  18. EXPRESS2PENN

EXPRESS2PENN Member

Hello all longtime Jet fan from Queens NY. My pops and I had ST since Shea until they built the new stadium. Looking forward to some good Jets talk, we'll nothing is good right after last nights debacle.

SonofDinger, Poeman and Faux machine like this.
  19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, StarScream here. Been a fan of the Jets some 20+ years now. Clearly I'm a masochist since i put up with both watching the Jets each year as well as taking a punishment from that douche Megatron.

I don't even know which is more painful anymore: watching the Jets or getting constantly put in my place by the self-appointed "leader" of the decepticons....douche.

Poeman, Faux machine and 74 like this.
  20. Zuks

Zuks New Member

Stephen born and raised in NJ. Fan since birth in 78. Live in TX now, delivery driver. Expected to be in the playoffs this season. Still hoping.

Poeman, Faux machine and SonofDinger like this.