Week 8: New York Jets @ Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boss we got this. This doesn’t base on any football reality. Just a hunch. I don’t feel like Jets will lose this game.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Ugh
    Cannon this time. Or, he could help us make a game of it. Maybe the TE's and Cannon can pitch in.

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Holy hell Anderson is doubtful.

We haven’t had the annual clunker where we go on the road and get shut down from the opening whistle. Smart money is on it happening Sunday.

4. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who has become emotionally disconnected from the season? Who cares if we win ( honestly if we lose it will be for the better in the long run). All we need is for Sam to have a good game to continue building for the future. Thankfully I am going to a concert on Saturday night 3 1/2 hours from my house and will only be half awake from the crap show we will see sunday @ 1p.

FJF likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I will always cheer for them to win, and will be excited if they score, but there is no reason to get mad over losses vs teams are are better than us. I was ticked off after the Miami and Cleveland losses because we are better than those teams and SHOULD have won those games. If we lose this week, whatever. Just hope Sam looks good. If we lose next week to Miami and then to Derek Anderson, yes I will be ticked off.

6. Watkin

Watkin New Member

Yeah that Cleveland loss was so disappointing. It was nearly as bad as our famous week 17 2015 loss to the Bills that cost us a trip to the playoffs.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

God damn you to hell

jilozzo likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is going to be nothing more than a scrimmage on Sunday. The upside is that once again, the Jets are on course for a top 10 pick. Thank God Macc didn't trade it.

Red Menace, NYJetsO12 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This very well could be the game where McCown earns his ten million. Given all the skill guys out or hurting, I'd pull Darnold after a couple of series with some phantom injury and let the wily veteran eat the bullets the rest of the way.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Fortunately Robinson is questionable for the game and may not be very effective if he does play. Also Kush is out so they have a Rookie making his first start at Left Guard. Hopefully we can get some pressures there

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Except the Bears run their offense more like the Colts then Jags. Expect Burton and Cohen to be the main factors. Their WR's aren't nothing to write home about especially with ARob not playing I believe.

They wanna get the ball out quickly and spread it out...expect Trubs to be a factor with his legs. Lee is going to have his hands full trying to guard the speedy Cohen but he's improved to one of the top flight cover LB's. Adams will need to be on Burton. I feel this maybe a low scoring affair, something around 23-20 Jets.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Funny how 23-20 has become a low scoring affair.

13. Walt White

Looks like high winds are in store and wet playing conditions. Tough spot for young back end roster guys on the road.

Play it close to vest and don't be the guy to cough the ball up. They gotta play in it too. Maybe it levels the playing field and we can be the ones to get a couple of turnovers. Tough spot.

I hope we make sure we're healthy for MIA and BUF. They can win those games

Line's up to +8

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. TonyFtLaud

I'm interested to see how Darnold handles the weather. He seemed to be very uncomfortable with the cold last Sunday.

Cman68 and Walt White like this.
  15. Walt White

Yeah, I thought so too. Thought Sam is gonna have to adjust to that kind of thing.

I think that was higher winds that were colder and dry which is a really tough thing

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

I don't think it will be near as windy but 14 mph to start the game and increasing throughout, plus rain, 48 degrees will be a test. Especially the wet ball.

17. TonyFtLaud

Take the under....

18. Cman68

Sam will have to learn how to deal with it. He's not in SoCal anymore and the AFCE has no domes.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Walt White

Yep. He did throw well in the rain at his Pro Day but that is not comparable.

People hope to see him light it up after a good game and see the team win again, I did, but then reality sets in. It's gonna take time and we'll see.

20. Cman68

There's a huge difference between warm water and cold water being sprayed on you. The body reacts differently and so do the muscles. His pro day is one thing, but a cold wet rain to a person not accustomed to it can be devastating. Especially if you're getting hit alot and pounded into a cold wet turf.