week 7 other games thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Oct 19, 2017.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Eagles roll tonight. Wentz has been amazing and I think it continues for the tune of 254, 3 TDs - 35 on the ground and 1 fumble

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wow. Chris Long is donating every single game check he has this year. 6 game checks to create scholarships and the next 10 to provide clean drinking water to Tanzania (sp?).

Talk about someone trying to make a difference in the world.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Definitely. The Bengals need a new voice there. We should watch closely who they hire and if that coach will want to get his own quarterback there.

Andy Dalton isn't a world beater, but he'd be the best thing we've had here since 2004 Pennington by a long shot. I would go after him if I'm the Jets. Get Dalton for 2-3 years, draft a quarterback early and commit to letting them learn the game for those couple of years.

He also has a reasonable salary. I think in the $16-$19 million range and very cuttable.

Hate to say it for Hue Jackson, but they might need to make a change there. They're doing a disservice to Kizer by starting/benching/starting/benching. Word has it that Kizer was also out partying late Saturday night. Should've been benched to start the game. He needs to sit the rest of the year honestly. He's nowhere near ready.

The Browns have a better roster than to flirt with going 0-16, and shouldn't be completely defeated this year.

Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, and Emmanuel Ogbah is a decent enough core. They also have a good offensive line on paper even though they just lost Joe Thomas. Bitonio, and Kevin Zietler are good guards. JC Tretter is a decent center.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ESPN has the Eagles remaining timeouts in dark green

you can barely tell the difference between it and black (used timeouts)

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

yeah, heard that yesterday

great thing for him to do

Eagles up 17-10 at the half here.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

cleveland has to be kicking themselves for passing on wentz

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wow, that was an impressive play by Wentz.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Is it crazy to say that Wentz is the midseason MVP?

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It’s not crazy at all, and more importantly, he is the real deal.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jim Schwartz is also one of the best coordinators in the league. So-so results as a head coach, but that man can coach defense. Any team he goes to instantly has a top 5 pass rush regardless of what players he has.

Look at the big step back the Bills took from him to Rex. Granted Rex was an awful hire to transform that elite front 4 into a 3-4 2 gapping system. But they had three players with 11 sacks and then Mario Williams career basically ended and Jerry Hughes had 11 total sacks his next two seasons after having 10 in 2014 under Schwartz.

The dude is MONEY coaching defense.

Red Menace and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

damn I forgot they passed on Wentz! It's really ugly in Cleveland.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Same as Wade Phillips, some guys are just awesome coordinators but average HC.

Eagles are incredibly balanced right now, I believe they are top 5 rushing team, nice job of them to solidify offensive line and give Wentz some weapons to work with at WR and don't forget their TE.

13. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

It does not matter that he stepped out of bounds as he first landed inbounds on his back, so its is really no different than a WR getting two feet in and then stepping out of bounds.

I have only seen a few angles on the play.

He does bobble the ball at the height of his jump and appears to get control before the defender gets his hands on the ball and even if same time, tie goes to the offense.

He was going to the ground he must maintain control of the ball, which i assume he did as his body is blocked by the views i have seen. Once you go to the ground and maintain control and there is a momentary pause or a second move, you try to get up, then you have possession. As he is down the play is dead. The fact that the defender ripped the ball out does not matter as the play was dead at that point.